Paul Walker dies ages 40

The Fast & Furious star passes away in a car accident

Very sad news this morning, as it's confirmed that Paul Walker has died at the age of 40.

Walker was killed in a car crash in California, as a passenger in a sports car driven by a friend, who also died.

Best known as the star of the Fast & Furious franchise, Walker won a huge fanbase as the charismatic co-lead alongside Vin Diesel in the automotive action series that's dominated Hollywood since its debut in 2001.

While he made his name by starring in all but one of the seven-movie series, he also enjoyed roles in movies like Into the Blue, Flags of our Fathers, and Takers

Walker's Facebook page confirmed the news in a statement that read: "It is with a truly heavy heart that we must confirm that Paul Walker passed away today in a tragic car accident while attending a charity event for his organisation Reach Out Worldwide. He was a passenger in a friend's car, in which both lost their lives. We... are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news.''

Co-star Vin Diesel also posted a heartfelt message on Instagram: "Brother I will miss you very much. I am absolutely speechless. Heaven has gained a new Angel. Rest in Peace."

Walker's next movie, suspense drama Hours, is set for release this month, while Fast & Furious 7 is currently in production.

All at Total Film are deeply saddened by this tragic news, and our condolences go out to his family and friends.

Comments

Dec 1st 2013, 10:04

Tragic news, this has hit me really hard. RIP Paul Walker.

• 2Dglasses

Dec 1st 2013, 10:46

Very sad. Hopefully, his remaining films, including a remake of District 13, will do well. RIP

• RKman

Dec 1st 2013, 10:53

RIP Paul Walker

• thejonner

Dec 1st 2013, 13:14

The F & F films are an extremely guilty pleasure of mine, the last two especially. Paul Walker got the job done and, like everyone else involved, embraced the sheer ridiculousness of the movies. This is a genuine tragedy and, as endofdays posted, 40 is no age, no age at all. RIP, Paul Walker. Take it easy, fella.

• evelyn70

Dec 1st 2013, 15:32

Maria. you think Kevin`s story is unimaginable... last monday I got a gorgeous Lancia Straton after having earned $4394 this past five weeks and just a little over $10 thousand this past munth. without a question it is my favourite-work I have ever had. I actually started 6 months ago and straight away startad bringin home over $72, per/hr. blog link,..WWW.JUMP85.COM

• CaptainCrazy

Dec 1st 2013, 16:13

RIP, Mr Walker.

• lillies84797364

Dec 1st 2013, 18:00

my parents in-law recently got a superb Lexus IS F Sedan just by some part-time working online with a pc... This Site a­ℙ­ℙ­2­0­0­.­­c­ℴ­m

• DravenCage

Dec 1st 2013, 23:53

My wife told me about his death this morning. It's one of those situations where it's completely out of the blue, so you seem somehow numb and unable to actually say anything. On a side note, Total Film; if you can't prevent the spambots from posting, can you at least delete their entries from this particular article?

• Niroshan

Dec 2nd 2013, 4:09

I'm a Huge fan of Paul Walker and the Fast and Furious movie Series. I feel so sad about this incident cause I like him very much. He is a great actor who starred in films with an unimaginable talent. Life was too short for him. Dying in the age of 40 he proved that life is not eternal. Rest In Peace Paul Walker. The heaven has gained a talented new angel to stay by the side of the Lord. Dear Lord,, Keep him near you and take care of him. < Amen >

• jaykays hat

Dec 2nd 2013, 8:34

Being a massive fan of the Fast & Furious series of films I am deeply saddened by his death. RIP Mr Walker:-(