Paul WS Anderson's The Three Musketeers gets a second trailer

All for one and one for all

A second trailer for The Three Musketeers has hit the web.

Paul WS Anderson’s The Three Musketeers stars Logan Lerman, Luke Evans, Ray Stevenson, Matthew Macfadyen, Christoph Waltz and Orlando Bloom, to name a few.

This new take on the classic Alexandre Dumas novel follows a young D’Artagnan (Lerman) who seeks out the trio to be one of them and fight the evil Cardinal (Waltz).

This second trailer gives us a better indication of the storyline than the first, thanks to an exposition-spilling voiceover from Macfadyen's Athos.

It also gives us a preview of the outrageous action scenes we are used to seeing from Anderson (Resident Evil, AVP: Alien vs Predator), as Milla Jovovich refuses to let a corset get in the way of some ludricrous combat scenes.

Check it out now:

The film opens on 12 October 2011 in 3D.

What do you think of the second trailer for The Three Musketeers? Let us know...

Comments

• ChrisWootton

Jun 29th 2011, 17:41

Jeeeesus... Looks like the worst computer game you could ever buy.

• writerdave87

Jun 29th 2011, 19:59

I thought the first trailer was the s**ttest thing I'd ever seen.... I was wrong. Logan Lerman made me physically cringe when he opened his mouth, good god this is going to be a car wreck.

• FBALee

Jun 29th 2011, 20:13

Is it too hard to ask that somebody make a Three Musketeers movie that at least attempts to follow the book? Why are they even calling it the Three Musketeers? They should've just re-named all of the characters and then there would be absolutely no similarity between this repulsively asinine movie and the book.

Jun 29th 2011, 20:42

wow i think ive just seen the whole film in 2 minutes, thanks for that Paul... saved me a tenner and 2hrs of my life...

• Aberskene

Jun 29th 2011, 20:47

This looks bloody awful. Think I'll stick to the 1970's Ollie Reed version. Class.

• writerdave87

Jun 29th 2011, 21:15

Pure fun, entertainment, and escapism are four words... just sayin'. In answer to your question, I can judge this because it's A) Paul WS Anderson, who with the exception of Event Horizon and Death Race, has made a load of turd, especially when his films start his incredibly wooden wife, B), Everyone in the film has british accents apart from Logan bloody Lurman, who appears to have the acting talents of a baked potato, C) It's a much loved classic book, and they're shatting all over it, D) IT HAS FLYING BLOODY GALLEONS IN IT!??!!!, E) It has Milla Jojovitch in it. Of course it COULD turn out to be good despite all these heavy indications to the contrary, but I really doubt it. When a film's trailer makes the film look s**t, it's never a good sign. I thought the Footloose remake looked far better than this. Though I genuinely laughed out loud at your 'at least PWS Anderson has stuck faithful to the period setting and its characters.' No he bloody hasn't, flying ships, D'artagnane's age, the Cardinal sword fighting and a fair few other bits in that trailer p**ses all over the Dumas original.

• writerdave87

Jun 29th 2011, 21:33

Aberskene says it LOOKS bloody awful. Which let's be honest, it really does. If it turns out to be good they should fire their trailer editor. I'm afraid fantastic performances from the cast won't happen with lerman and jojovitch in there, but like you I really hope it's going to deliver a great on screen cemetery :p

• piffle

Jun 29th 2011, 21:40

Wow... just wow... This looks almost criminally bad. Dalidab1982 - Try not to mistake s**t movies for fun but entertaining ones.

• writerdave87

Jun 29th 2011, 21:53

Well Hugh Hefner was one of the leading advocates for gay rights in the 20th century but we know how you feel about him ;) he's still a terrible actor too! lol. You can be a nice person and be a rubbish actor (ahem, Keanu Reeves, ahem).

• writerdave87

Jun 29th 2011, 22:12

Oh don't get me wrong I'm a massive Reeves fan, he works very well in deadpan roles and he's a lovely guy (massively gutted for the man over his recent personal tragedies), but he's the first to admit he's not a great actor (the 'I'm a meathead' interview in which he actually says this is brilliant). This film does look seriously awful though. When Orlando Bloom looks to be a movie's high point, that raises alarm bells...

• writerdave87

Jun 29th 2011, 22:31

I'll give you that. I think this film looks s**t, I think Lerman looks wooden, and I think it shall be a**e. But, it still 'may be actually rather good'. Extremely unlikely, and against the rule of Anderson, but it's remotely possible.

• Doyle

Jun 29th 2011, 22:47

Is it just me or does anyone else think Paul WS Anderson has signed up to total film under the name dalidab1982?

• writerdave87

Jun 29th 2011, 22:57

I don't think he'd be quite as out and proud if he was paul WS Anderson... :p

• Doyle

Jun 29th 2011, 23:08

True, I will say this though, the only thing worse than watching that trailer was reading dalidab1982's comments.

Jun 29th 2011, 23:38

Theres an old chinese proverb... Just cos you pour syrup on sh*t don't make it a pancake.. I didnt watch The Green Lantern because there was too much bad CGI in the trailer, I won't watch T3 because it lloks like the last 2 and has a blowup doll for an actress... In the end, it all boils down to what film has chemistry and heart, thats why the new X-men trailer (and subsequent film) worked because there was the more to it than CGI (something Brett Ratner failed to grasp). The point I'm making is if you going to adapt a classic, be mostly faithful, otherwise generations weened on XBOX will wonder there are no 'airships' in the original novel. The repeated mantra is Paul WS Anderson hasnt made a decent film since 'Event Horizon'. I will watch it, but not in the cinema, wait til its on Sunday evening on FIve

Jun 30th 2011, 19:06

Another turd from Paul WS Anderson.

• garysimps

Jul 1st 2011, 12:17

"great british director Paul WS Anderson" Come on dalidab1982-really?

• garysimps

Jul 1st 2011, 12:17

"great british director Paul WS Anderson" Come on dalidab1982-really?

• garysimps

Jul 1st 2011, 12:37

oh look it's milla jovovich and guess what, she is kicking a*s again. what a suprise. no im not slagging her off, its just a shame she doesnt get better parts from her hubby. watched her recently in stone and she was great.

• writerdave87

Jul 2nd 2011, 0:51

Yeah but Dalidab, most of PWA's films are only enjoyable and entertaining for twelve year old boys. The resident evil films are a joke, they p**s all over the franchise and become a substandard matrix rip off.

• writerdave87

Jul 2nd 2011, 20:52

Er... what? 12 year old girls watch resident evil films because they secretly fancy Milla jojovitch? What the hell is wrong with you??? I don't understand how you'd like the films as fan of the games, they're deeply average adaptations that get drastically worse after the second film. You're extremely naiive if you don't think AVP or Death Race were aimed at teenage males. Event Horizon is an anomaly- it's actually a good film, but otherwise you're taking my point too literally. With the exception of Event Horizon, Paul WS Anderson is an incredibly immature filmmaker. He makes Michael Bay look like Francis Ford Coppola.

• writerdave87

Jul 3rd 2011, 0:10

You know, it's a crazy notion but not everyone watches films based on who they'd like to shag. And not everyone is gay. Bay, for all his faults, knows how to direct. With the exception of Event Horizon, Anderson can only direct subpar, wannabe-videogame tripe. Apart from Transformers 2, Pearl Harbour, and Armageddon, I've enjoyed all Bay's films. I've only enjoyed two of Anderson's. He's rubbish. I don't know if I understand your point or not, I don't think you ever have one, you just ramble and list some films and perv a little and leave...

• garysimps

Jul 4th 2011, 12:14

dalidab1982-did you not think that jovovich was good in stone? I thought it was boring too; turned it off after an hour.

• garysimps

Jul 4th 2011, 12:14

• writerdave87

Jul 5th 2011, 7:34

The irony that her best performances are in films not directed by her brain dead husband (who writes roles specifically for her) is clearly lost on you...