Pixar confirm Finding Nemo sequel 'Finding Dory'

The hunt for the amnesiac fish is on in 2015

We knew it was coming, but Pixar have finally announced the title and details for its sequel to Finding Nemo.

While specific plot details are TBA, the title suggests Finding Dory will find Nemo, Marlin and the gang on the hunt for Nemo's best (and very amnesiac) fishy friend.

Unsurprisingly, DeGeneres - who won over her audiences with her initial turn in Finding Nemo - is rather happy to be back.

“I have waited for this day for a long, long, long, long, long, long time,” said DeGeneres. “I’m not mad it took this long. I know the people at Pixar were busy creating ‘Toy Story 16.’ But the time they took was worth it. The script is fantastic. And it has everything I loved about the first one: It’s got a lot of heart, it’s really funny, and the best part is—it’s got a lot more Dory.”

John Carter director and Pixar veteran Andrew Stanton is taking the helm, and is just as excited.

“There is no Dory without Ellen,” said Stanton. “She won the hearts of moviegoers all over the world—not to mention our team here at Pixar. One thing we couldn’t stop thinking about was why she was all alone in the ocean on the day she met Marlin. In ‘Finding Dory,’ she will be reunited with her loved ones, learning a few things about the meaning of family along the way.”

According to Stanton, “Finding Dory” takes place about a year after the first film, and features returning favorites Marlin, Nemo and the Tank Gang, among others. Set in part along the California coastline, the story also welcomes a host of new characters, including a few who will prove to be a very important part of Dory’s life.

Finding Dory will open in the US from November 25 2015 (UK release date TBC).

For those of you crushing on the Nemo/Dory news, we have a feeling you'll love who's at number one in our list of The Best Pixar Voiceovers...

Looking to seeing more of Nemo, Dory and co? Let us know below...

Comments

• magicwings

Apr 2nd 2013, 16:16

Oh for f**k's sake.

• charliesmith

Apr 2nd 2013, 16:34

If it's a November release for America then the UK will most definitely get it in February 2016; look at The Muppets and Wreck it Ralph.

• marc96

Apr 2nd 2013, 16:56

Wasn't Dory friends with Nemo's dad? Not a sequel I'm excited to see... Hurry up and do another incredibles!

• haganosborne

Apr 2nd 2013, 22:51

I agree with marc96, wrong movie to do a Pixar sequel too. Hopefully not another Cars.

• Kellend11

Apr 3rd 2013, 7:50

Why? What's the point?

• moviemind91

Apr 3rd 2013, 8:43

Finding Nemo is one of Pixar's greatest films and works perfectly as a stand alone movie. Having a sequel will just ruin it in my opinion. I agree with the above comments, there is no need for a sequel and it should be Incredibles that gets a sequel. The title of this film also sounds cheap and lazy.

• FBJRider

Apr 3rd 2013, 22:23

A sequel won't ruin anything. Pixar are an amazing studio get everything pretty much spot on every time. Toy Story is one of the best films ever made and they managed to make two sequels that were on par with the first. I have no doubt in my mind that Finding Dory will be a brilliant, heart warming adventure and I for one cannot wait for the day it arrives in the UK.

• lindamartin

Apr 24th 2013, 3:31

If you think Tammy`s story is great..., 5 weeks ago my girlfriend's mum basically got paid $8332 putting in an eleven hour week from their apartment and the're co-worker's aunt`s neighbour has been doing this for 10-months and got more than $8332 part time at there computer. the information available on this page,kep2.ℂom