Plot rumour confirmed for The Dark Knight Rises

If you don't want to know, don't read on...

The Dark Knight Rises still has a couple of question marks hanging over a few key areas. For example, is Bane working alone? Where has he recruited his army? And just who is Miranda Tate?

However, while these issues have yet to be resolved, Warner have confirmed one plot nugget that had previously been the stuff of whispers and conjecture. If you don't want to know what it is, then why have you read this far? In any case, here's your last chance to turn back…

Ok, well if you hadn't already guessed, Warner have confirmed that Liam Neeson will return for The Dark Knight Rises, meaning that Ra's al Ghul will be reappearing in his adult form (Josh Pence already being credited as playing a younger version of the villain).

The news was confirmed by Warner in their press notes for Wrath Of The Titans, in which Neeson can be seen playing Zeus.

"Neeson next appears in Peter Berg’s actioner Battleship,” reads the release, "and he also will be seen in Christopher Nolan’s much-anticipated action thriller The Dark Knight Rises."

There you have it, then. Christopher Nolan is bringing the trilogy full-circle with the return of Batman Begins' chief antagonist. Neeson was only thought to be on set for a short amount of time, so his part will likely be a cameo, but that's not to say the character won't loom large over proceedings.

The Dark Knight Rises opens in the UK on 20 July 2012. Excited yet?

Are you pleased to see Neeson return? And how will Ra's fit into the story? Tell us, below.

Comments

• Rambo

Mar 29th 2012, 8:46

Read about this yesterday, really excited now! I've seen the leaked photo's of the pit with green screen in it, some are saying Ghul will reform in the Lazarus Pit? I think it's too far fetched for Nolan, I think Marion Cotillard is Talia al Ghul, and this little kid is a cover up, seems like such a huge role for a little kid, especially in a film to end a trilogy! Anywho that's my opinion, can't wait!

• FBSDeMorgan

Mar 29th 2012, 10:39

Excited yet? I've been excited for the last 12 months! The confirmation of Neeson is great news as we all know that the addition of Neeson (6+ ft of a*s-kickery) increases a movie's awesomeness by a significant amount. Where's the new trailer already???

• SiMan

Mar 29th 2012, 14:09

Still haven't seen any images of Morgan Freeman yet? is he definately in it?

• FBMBurgess

Mar 29th 2012, 14:30

Personally, I think the round 'pit' with the green screen in it is only the *top* of the very large hole people can be seen abseiling down in the trailer...

• Rambo

Mar 29th 2012, 18:50

@FBMBurgess Could be, I was also thinking that, but that could be the well young Bruce fell down at the start of Begins. It might be the League of Shadows breaking into Wayne Manor? But hey ho who know's ay :D

• FBMBurgess

Mar 29th 2012, 20:57

It can't be the well at Wayne Manor - it's *much* too large...

• FBJRider

Mar 30th 2012, 23:26

I'm starting to get worried that there may be too much going on in this film, with all these characters. Spider-Man 3's main problem was having too many Antagonists. But I suppose in Nolan I trust, I'm sure he'll do it justice.

• willow138

Mar 31st 2012, 0:34

f*****g epic news! As previous comments have said putting Neeson in anything makes it infinately cooler! He is a frigging legend! Neeson Caine AND Freeman! old school legends and Hardy a new school legend! this film is gonna be kick a*s

• PhilH79

Apr 6th 2012, 4:38

I've been very curious about that pit with the green screen covering it as well. Nolan has been avoiding the supernatural so if its not the Lazarus Pit, I'd put my money on it being an entrance to the Batcave (not very secretive though). As for Bane's army, its obviously a mixture of the freed inmates of Arkham (from the Knight Fall story line) & the Leagues of Shadows (the ones rescuing Bane in the heist prologue) who will return led by Tate (aka Talia Al Ghul) & is more than likely working with Bane. Just my thoughts.

• FBGRees

Apr 9th 2012, 18:56

just having liam in it again theres 3 stars there , the man a legend. this mite be the end for bale and nolan ,but introducing new charaters , only tiells me the studios an't done . maybe nolan will act in producer in future movies, so they dont balls up what his built . end of the day the money made and such rich matieral about this is by no means finished.