Possible plot details for Justice League revealed

Darkseid has an evil plan…

Having broken the (as yet unconfirmed) news that Justice League's big bad will be the intergalactic baddie Darkseid, Latino Review has now revealed a few more snippets as to what we can expect from the plot of the movie.

According to the site, Will Beal is currently adapting the script from three issues of the comic-book, specifically issues 183 - 185, which were released back in 1980.

The storyline sees Darkseid devise a fiendish plot to destroy Earth (you know, just for a change) and to move his home planet Apokalips into its place. Textbook villainy, really.

It would be quite an outlandish plotline for the film to tackle, particularly given the hyper-realistic way recent DC outings have been treated. However, with Thanos making his way into The Avengers 2, maybe this kind of thing is the new superhero trend.

We'll know more once Man Of Steel arrives, with Zack Snyder promising that film"keep them on course" for a later film. Justice League is expected to open in the UK in 2015.

What do you think of the proposed plotline? Tell us, below!

Comments

• marvelboy

Dec 14th 2012, 13:37

I am keeping an open mind until 1) there is a cast 2)until the promo stuff happens 3) until I've actually seen this film - so basically all these "rumors" can do one - talk to us again in 2014

• FBJRider

Dec 14th 2012, 17:09

I've said it before Darkseid and Thanos are a bit too similar. Whichever comes out first the other may look like a rip-off. And I can imagine if the storyline is replacing Earth with another planet it'll be too similar to Doctor Who's 'The End of Time' and Transformers 3. Not to mention having Man of Steel,TDKR and Green Lantern 2, 3 and 4 years before JL with nothing linking them. They need to take notes from Marvel.

• Andy85

Dec 14th 2012, 19:01

They need to do a Flash standalone and Wonder Woman standalone film before they can even consider throwing them into a mish mash film with greats Batman or Superman (notice how I am leaving The Green Lantern out) because they will be completely overshadowed. One thing Marvel did so well was prove that each ego in The Avengers could hold their own epic status before being thrown together in a kickass film (except Black Widow and Hawkeye who tagged along but still had a sufficient enough intro before the big one), we had a chance to build a rapport with the characters whether we were fans or not. DC are going to fall flat on their face trying to compete with Marvel if they don't give their audience a chance to discover the heart and soul behind each Justice League character because people just wont care!

• ilikescifi

Dec 14th 2012, 23:18

Lets hope green lantern is not indicitive of Warner's attempts to take on the marvel franchise, and bad planning by them to not connect the current visions of batman and superman to their forthcoming justice league film. Marvel put in the hard work to keep a consistent thread going, it feels like Warner is cashing in

• t8cmf

Dec 15th 2012, 0:16

I don't know why people automatically compare the Justice League movie with The Avengers. I think it's more comparable with The X Men series. The X Men was launched without introducing a single character to the world with a stand alone movie and it still found its audience. Super heroes kicking seven bells out of each other will still draw people to the movies irregardless of whether they have been introduced beforehand or not.

Dec 15th 2012, 1:06

The difference is X-Men is a team from the start Justice League is a combination of solo stars.

• t8cmf

Dec 15th 2012, 11:30

@Ali1748 I don't see the distinction at all as to whether they were a team or not. You are still introducing a bunch of new characters to an audience. Just my opinion of course.

• Andy85

Dec 16th 2012, 19:50

@t8cmf as I explained the other characters in Justice League are going to be completely overshadowed by Batman and Superman. They didn't do a standalone film for Wolverine and then a trilogy for Magneto and then make X-Men did they so you can't allow your audience to become comfortable with half of your main characters and then throw them into a film with other main characters which nobody knows anything about? It makes no sense. Also as explained by Ali1748 Justice League and X-Men are completely different. X-Men were all written into the same comic and introduced as a team whereby Justice League characters were introduced individually and then banded together exactly the same as Marvels The Avengers hence the constant comparison because that is exactly what Justice League is, DC's answer to The Avengers.

• t8cmf

Dec 17th 2012, 9:31

@Andy85 I think we are on about different aspects of this story. You seem to be talking about the comic book aspect which I'm not familiar with or know anything about. I'm talking about the movie aspect of The Justice League. The demographic of any large scale superhero movie will be people that are not comic book fans or are familar with comic book story lines at all. I'm saying that demographic won't care if the characters have been introduced or not. It will still make shed loads of cash. If anything the point you make about Batman and Superman being the only familar characters in The JL will actually help the audience as at least someone will be recognisable.

• alexr

Dec 17th 2012, 14:56

So..."The storyline sees Darkseid devise a fiendish plot to destroy Earth and to move his home planet Apokalips into its place..." Sounds somewhat reminiscent of Smallville Season 10. Bit boring second time round if you ask me. JLA can jog on, IMO. I have no love for Flash, Wonder Woman, or Green Lantern. I am only interested in Batman/Superman, and I don't want a new Batman for AT LEAST 5-10 years. Give the dust time to settle and then bring him back a little different.

• Andy85

Dec 17th 2012, 18:28

@t8cmf: fair point but I still believe that the way that Marvel handled The Avengers and introduction to each character was clever and fanboy or not, people had a chance to get to know each character and their background garnering further interest in the main event, agreed that Batman/Superman will be characters who to people not fans of the comic book world will relate to and gain the interests of, I am thinking of the bigger picture. They are clearly going to sell the film based on the full line up of the JL and I just think people will not care enough about the rest of the characters to watch the film on based on those two characters alone which is why it is even more important to have standalone films for the remaining "supporting leads". I do think this film will make money, just nowhere near enough to cover it's budget.