Prince Of Persia trailer arrives

See Jake jump. Jump, Jake, jump!

The first promo for Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time has arrived online.

Despite the fact that it has already aired on TV, there's no official UK trailer yet, so we're making do with this unofficial release until it arrives.

And how is it? Very much like a video game, which is not all that shocking considering that it's been adapted by one - Jake Gyllenhaal's (British-accented) warrior finds the dagger doohickey that lets him turn back time with magic sand, and must get it to its guardians before the villain (Ben Kingsley) uses it to DESTROY THE WORLD.

But the footage also makes it clear that the movie will be loaded down with shots of our hero running, jumping, fighting and squabbling with Gemma Arterton's Tamina.

Take a look at the trailer below and let us know your thoughts...

Comments

• Bojangles17

Nov 3rd 2009, 10:54

As a fan of the franchise, I can only say I'm curious. It looks like it took the latest Prince's sly humour, and then meshed the look of the 3 Sands of Time games together, rather than following any one of them as a template. Plus, a british Jake Gyllenhaal playing a Persian Prince? In fact, what the hell is with all the British accents. It just seems weird. So, yeah, I can only say I'm curious, rather than excited. Am stoked that Harry-Gregson Williams is composing though. I do love his work.

• coulterscandy

Nov 3rd 2009, 14:03

Looks like it could be quite good stupid fun. Gemma Arterton says her lines like one of those automated voices reading out call-centre menu options (the awful dialogue doesn't help), but Jake Gyllenhaal's performance seems a lot more naturalistic and likeable and I could watch Ben Kingsley in anything. At the very least it should be better than JCVD's Streetfighter.

• tommy6858

Nov 3rd 2009, 15:10

looks like transformers 2 in olden times. It didnt really look like what i expected but with Ben Kingsley playing the villain it might actually be alright, just some good no-brains needed summer fun. And I don't even wanna know how much Jerry Bruckheimer's sand bill was....

• chrisb1983

Nov 3rd 2009, 16:25

Gemma Arterton appears to only playing uptight, upper class characters...does she have a range? Jake looks good and from the few lines of dialogue his accent appears surprisingly natural. Looks like a generic Bruckheimer blockbuster, for good or bad

• chrisb1983

Nov 3rd 2009, 16:25

excuse the poor english

• namedropper

Nov 3rd 2009, 19:48

I have no views on the movie at all but noticed that Jake sounded a bit like Jude Law.

• annunziato

Nov 3rd 2009, 20:34

with this type of film people generally are looking for something spectacular but the trailer did not suggest anything that has not been seen before. despite the budget it looks like a predictable storyline with standard unexceptional effects. i will wait for the blue ray release

Nov 3rd 2009, 23:51

This looks like a future guilty pleasure for me. Jake sounded alot like Jude Law to me.

• graverobber666

Nov 4th 2009, 4:35

hehe! Looks like unbelievably stupid Over the top FUN! Jake is PERFECT as The Prince and I personally was more blown away by the effects in this trailer that admitedly have been seen kinda before than the supposed "groundbreaking" ones in Avatar. I think Sands of Time will be the new Pirates, just pure mindless fun! CAN'T WAIT!

• BenCh

Nov 4th 2009, 9:21

What a tragic waste of time and effort.

• BlinkBanana

Nov 6th 2009, 11:37

LOVE the PoP games and Jake, so I can't wait for this next summer. But why isn't she called Farah for crying out loud?! Kingsley can do generic Middle Eastern villain in his sleep. Funny, I always thought the Prince sounded a lot like Jude Law in the first game before they switched him to the grumpy Canadian...

• han4bond

Nov 6th 2009, 13:52

Am I the only one that thinks the story looks like Lord of the Rings all over again? Under Mike Newell's direction, I'm sure the action and visuals will be top-notch, but the mark of a great fantasy film is that it doesn't feel like we've seen it all before, and, well... That said, I'll reserve judgment until the film comes out. I hope the trailer doesn't do it justice.

• moviefan1

Nov 6th 2009, 21:15

Seems an ok movie from what i saw there. Looks like it doesnt take itself to seriously which is good in these sort of adventure action romance movies. One thing though whats with all the slow motion arrow shooting? i hope its not constant through out the film. I'll probs give this one a view.