Quentin Tarantino reveals his top 10 films of 2013 so far

And he’s a fan of The Lone Ranger

Quentin Tarantino has revealed an early glimpse at his now-customary top ten films of the year list, revealing the titles that have tickled his fancy in 2013 so far.

As is QT’s wont, there are a couple of controversial choices in there, with The Lone Ranger, The Conjuring  and  This Is The End held up alongside such critical darlings as Blue Jasmine and Frances Ha.

Here’s the Tarantino list in full:

Afternoon Delight (Jill Soloway)

Before Midnight  (Richard Linklater)

Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen)

The Conjuring (James Wan)

Drinking Buddies (Joe Swanberg)

Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach)

Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)

Kick-Ass 2 (Jeff Wadlow)

The Lone Ranger (Gore Verbinski)

This Is the End (Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg)

Quite the eclectic list, we think you’ll agree, with low-key indies rubbing shoulders with mega-budget blockbusters, and horror and comic-book movies held in equal regard with character-driven drama.

With three months of the year left to run, Tarantino has promised an updated version of the list at the end of 2013, so we’ll have to wait and see whether The Lone Ranger can cling on until then…

What do you think of QT's list? Tell us, below!

Comments

• johnbrooke

Oct 7th 2013, 13:24

The Lone Ranger was entertaining so I'm not really surprised it made the list. I don't understand the people that hated it. I think they were just tired of Johnny Depp's quirkiness. They should know what to expect by now and I wouldn't say the previews were misleading or anything. Surprised Into Darkness didn't make the list.

• scottlittle

Oct 7th 2013, 15:20

ummmmm AINT THEM BODIES SAINTS is better than all of those.

Oct 7th 2013, 15:51

Why is The Conjuring a controversial choice?

• TheMovieWaffler

Oct 7th 2013, 16:37

QT really needs to see more movies.

Oct 8th 2013, 0:38

I'd wager QT sees multiple movies everyday, he's just quirky.

• FBMSharkfins

Oct 8th 2013, 5:19

The Lone Ranger was excellent entertainment. I have no idea what the stigma is you have towards it and since your review on that and saying that 'Coming to America' wasn't one of Eddie Murphy's better movies (absolute blasphemy), I have lost all faith in Total Film. I have been an avid reader for at least 5 years. Poor show TF...poor show.

Oct 8th 2013, 12:49

To be fair on TF the vast majority of critics didn't enjoy The Lone Ranger. Personally I kinda liked it, I wouldn't buy the movie on Blu Ray but I didn't feel like watching it was a waste of time.

• crystakura

Oct 8th 2013, 14:51

No mention of Pacific Rim? possibly the best film of the year no? Idiot.

• ClaraMeyer07

Oct 15th 2013, 0:48

my stepmum just purchased BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe Sedan by working parttime online. see here b­o­w­6­.­c­ℴ­m­