Ray Park keen on Star Wars return

But won’t be appearing in X-Men: Days Of Future Past

With old faces like Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford reportedly on board for J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: Episode VII, other former cast members are apparently keen to return to the galaxy far, far away.

Ray Park is one such actor, having expressed an interest in reprising his role as double-lightsaber-wielding badass, Darth Maul.

“Just give me food and water, and I’m there,” said Park when asked whether he would be keen on a return. Granted, that doesn’t mean it’s likely to happen, but it’s good to know that Park’s door remains open…

However, it doesn’t sound as though the actor will be joining the other big reunion party that is Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Days Of Future Past.

“I went and saw Patrick [Stewart] because I love him and respect him a lot,” said Park. “He was saying he just got back [from shooting X-Men: Days of Future Past]… I said, ‘Ah damn, you already filmed it so there’s no way I’m going to be in it!’”

Come on J.J. … make his day and bring back Darth Maul. X-Men: Days Of Future Past opens in the UK on 23 May 2014, while Star Wars: Episode VII is expected to arrive in May 2015.

Would you like to see Darth Maul return? Tell us, below!

Comments

• trist808

Jul 4th 2013, 10:49

How? Sith may be powerful, but I can't see him coming back from being light-saber'ed into two pieces and falling down a very deep hole :) Only Jedi have appeared as ghostly images in the films (and before anyone starts, it's Anakin the Jedi not Vader the Sith who reappears at the end of Return Of The Jedi - so unless being sliced in half has given Maul a much more pleasant demeanor, he ain't returning anytime soon). Park could return as another member of Maul's race perhaps, but not as Maul himself ... unless the Midi-bloomin-Chlory-thingy-me-bobs put him back together again ...

• crystakura

Jul 4th 2013, 12:09

In the comics/books Darth Maul did actually survive being cut in two in Phantom menace and he had robotic legs so it is possible that they could bring him back although he would be pretty old.

• apo1978

Jul 4th 2013, 12:16

Yep, that makes no sense whatsoever. Park will officially work for food now.

• ilikescifi

Jul 4th 2013, 12:59

@trist808 I thought that too, until the Clone Wars series (which we must accept in to the timeline because it was awesome) spent a great deal of time resurrecting Darth Maul and giving him a great story. His bitterness toward the Jedi had festered and he evolved into an intelligent, resourceful, politically manipulative villain who overthrew a government and installed a puppet leader. Am I gushing? Anyway, Palpatine got wind of this, reminded Maul there can only be 2 sith, slayed Maul's apprentice and abducted Maul to be 'used' again in the future. It's worth watching if you liked Maul, and you get to see him and the emperor lightsabre duel

• trist808

Jul 4th 2013, 13:28

Ah, fair enough, I did not know that about his return in the comic books or in Clone Wars (which yes, shoudl be cannon because it is pretty good), so that's duly noted. However, what season of CW does this happen in? 4? 5? I don't recall seeing any of that in the episodes I've watched :-)

• Gindalf0492

Jul 4th 2013, 14:42

Wouldve liked to see him again as Toad

• ilikescifi

Jul 4th 2013, 14:47

The CW used him as a cliffhanger season 4 finale episode, a lot happens after that I won't spoil more. The mandalorians feature in the story a lot, I hope the new films involve them somehow

• LSJShez

Jul 4th 2013, 15:09

I'm probably opening a can of worms here. I like my Star Wars, but I'm not obsessive. Lucas killed him deliberately, to stop any chatter of him coming back. There can only ever be two, apparently; and they've been destroyed. So once again, How?

• dannie90Ninety

Jul 4th 2013, 18:15

or... They could do what happened in the Force Unleashed where, Starkiller faces Proxy (a droid) who turns into a holographic image of Darth Maul!!! There you go sorted Darth Maul is now in episode 7 :)

• cepewell32

Jul 4th 2013, 18:29

upto I saw the bank draft 4 $9286, I didn't believe that...my... friend actualie earning money parttime from their laptop.. there neighbour has done this for only about 1 year and recently paid the loans on there condo and bourt Peugeot 205 GTi. we looked here, ======WEP6.ℂOM======

• Mattsimus

Jul 4th 2013, 18:39

Maul was awesome, but toad was absolute c**p...... Concerning both franchises they seriously messed up with Ray Park!.... But hey we'll always have snake eyes lol

• trist808

Jul 4th 2013, 19:43

Ah, that explains it, I've only seen the first three seasons and a few (maybe 3 or 4) of Season 4, so I've not seen any of that, but will acted surprised when I do see it (lol) cheers @ilikescifi I will have to catch up with the rest of the season soon :)

Jul 4th 2013, 20:22

"I can't wait to see what he does next," said no-one ever.

• Mattsimus

Jul 4th 2013, 20:48

Oh s**t he was headless horseman too in burtons sleepy hollow! He's not really made much since his arrival. His martial arts are great but he canny act for s**t so...... I'm not that bothered, it was just bad judgment to kill off Maul... Even dooku got like 2 movies!

• trist808

Jul 4th 2013, 20:51

@Hadouken76 - he becomes Scarlet Johansson and haunts your darkest deepest nightmares ... that's what he does next :)

• LSJShez

Jul 5th 2013, 14:13

Abrams isn't going to adapt non cannon comics and books. He's going to come up with his own. Leave Darth Maul as is. Don't make the Boba Fett mistake.