Release date confirmed for 3D Sin City 2

Jessica Alba confirmed to return

Sin City: A Dame To Kill For has released a glut of new information, including an official release date, confirmation of Jessica Alba's return and the fact that the film will be presented in 3D.

First things first, and that all-important release date has been confirmed as 4 October 2013. That's when the film will open in the US, with the UK date likely to follow in short order.

Next, we have confirmation that Jessica Alba will join Mickey Rourke in the long-awaited sequel, with both stars named in an official press release. Rosario Dawson is also expected to reappear, although her name is conspicuous by its absence in the official blurb.

What is included is the news that the film will be presented in 3D, lending a new element to the distinctive look of the first film.

"The original Sin City broke new ground with its iconic stylish look and grossed over $160 million worldwide," explains the release. "Sin City: A Dame To Kill For will not only bring fans back to the world that Rodriguez and Miller created, but will also add a new dimension by bringing their unique visual style to life in 3D."

Top dimension-based pun there. More importantly however, the date is set, and things are moving forward. Let the stylised slaughter begin!

Is 3D good news for Sin City 2? Tell us your thoughts, below...

Comments

• RaveyDaveyGravy

May 18th 2012, 8:49

I dont think that it being 'presented' in 3D is news, as such. Isn't everything in 3D these days. I've stated my opinion on 3D too many times on here, I bored of myself! Ill be waiting for the 2D release date announcement

• FBSLear

May 18th 2012, 9:00

ooooo wow alba

• FBCRoe

May 18th 2012, 10:03

Simple as Sin city should be not presented in 3D...

• smellyhands

May 18th 2012, 11:21

My understanding is that 3D is mainly for the kiddies to enjoy. Any sensible adult will just realise that 3D is a waste of money that rarely adds anything to the film. Also its my understanding that this film will be an 18's certificate so maybe its their way of trying to force kids to see the film.

May 18th 2012, 17:36

Alba sucks as an actress.

• joker16

May 19th 2012, 4:44

They can make whatever film they want in 3D. I'll just go and see it in 2D. Problem solved.

May 19th 2012, 22:10

+1 Joker, that's what I done with The Avengers.

• Mattsimus

May 19th 2012, 22:33

Alba sucks?................YES SHE DOES hahaha yeah 2D all the way, gonna finally see Avengers on monday yayyyy canny beleive I havent seen it yet as for this im rather happy they have finally got a due date and ............................MICKEY ROUKE!!!!! Well i tell ya this, No Marv?....No Matt!!! thank the sweet lord x

• pauleisman

Aug 27th 2012, 20:57

3d is awsome, evolution of an art form. you are just like the people who claim albums were better than CDs.