Resident Evil 5 will hit screens September 2012

Yes, it’ll be in 3D

resident evil

Milla Jovovich’s critically-savaged but mind-bogglingly successful Resident Evil movie series is set to continue with a fifth videogame inspired mash-up next year.

And now the new film, titled simply Resident Evil 5 for the time being (though you can bet they’ll add a superlative subtitle soon), has been given a release date of 14 September, 2012.

Though pretty much all of the Evil films have been panned upon release, the most recent entry grossed $300m at the box office. Which of course means more will be made.

Jovovich will return as the bum-kicking star, and has been looking for ideas from the fans for how to continue the story – in “eye-gouging 3D”.

How about - Alice becomes addicted to futuristic, high-fat fast food manufactured by an evil corporation, gets seriously obese, decides to throw the 'action heroine' towel in?

Evil? Or wonderful? What do you think of the Resident Evil franchise? Do we need a fifth? Fill that comments box below...

Comments

Mar 4th 2011, 17:03

God, why do people keep flocking to these steaming pile of turds ?

Mar 4th 2011, 17:37

Oddly enough, the games are considered more cinematic than thier movie counterparts, just goes to show what an amateur Paul 'not the talented one' Anderson is.

• matty2392

Mar 4th 2011, 18:49

I guess ill be skipping the cinema that week then.

• Samwise89

Mar 4th 2011, 18:56

Looks like ill be marking 14th September 2012 in my calender as "More anger and dissapointment Day". How does everyone but the makers see that this is in DESPERATE need of a re-boot. Please, please, please. no more Milla.

• writerdave87

Mar 4th 2011, 20:36

Dalidab whatever you're on, please can I have some? If I could actually enjoy the steaming piles of a*s that the previous Resident Evil films have been nothing would ever get me down again. But hey, from my lurking about here your opinions are always... interesting... I'm not sure a majority of fans of the games are fans of the films but this series would do very well with a reboot as an actual horror, not the stupid overblown car wrecks the franchise has become. Though I have to agree that Kevin Zegers would be a very good casting for Leon Kennedy in a faithful Resi 2 adaptation. Good call.

Mar 4th 2011, 22:51

No way! just redo Res Evil 4 (minus the dodgy aussie merchant). You couldnt bawlz that up, although this is Paul 'the british Uwe Boll' Anderson we are talking abouit

• writerdave87

Mar 4th 2011, 23:26

That's a bit unfair to Uwe Boll though, isn't he supposed to be getting better, not worse? :P

• writerdave87

Mar 5th 2011, 0:49

Nah Vincent Kartheiser has too much of a moon face lol, Kevin Zegers actually looks like Leon Kennedy quite a bit imho. I'm slightly worried you like Mortal Kombat, Alone in the Dark, and Dungeon Siege though... those films were beyond awful :p I love Event Horizon in a big way but with the exception of Death Race and Pandorum I really didn't like any of the others of his I've seen since. I have to say I didn't think Far Cry or Rampage were all that terrible by Uwe Boll's standards. I'm sure he's improving.

• writerdave87

Mar 5th 2011, 0:49

• GarthMarenghi

Mar 5th 2011, 4:16

@writerdave87 - I believe dalidab1982 is on Charliesheen with a tigerblood chaser. It's the only explanation I can come up with. Oh, hang on a minute, I forgot this is the internet. Charlie Sheen jokes were so five days ago. Apologies.

• writerdave87

Mar 5th 2011, 4:36

Nah it's all good man I only just saw the interview... it's all good. Has Dalidab's face melted yet and are his children crying over his exploded body?

• Adawong2011

Mar 7th 2011, 0:25

She looks pretty and gorgous on this. Also it is a realy smart good quality picture too. I wish on here they have a chat - text thing, like they used to - well never mind. She is still my favourite Filmstar at the moment.

• Adawong2011

Mar 7th 2011, 0:35

Thats Milla in her lastest Re film, Re 4: Afterlife - I realy like her and I am a fan off her too. Anyway, sadly I know the Films are not in the same universe as the Resident evil video games, like if they were this would be like Re 5 the movie from the game. Also I have a strong feeling that, this will be the last one - as I hope so. As I even don’t mind them with my favourite film star in them – but I’m just saying like to stop this and fresh the films, like if it is, the last one - I hope someone will make films as a replica of the games with like Claire as the main lead heroine and character, in the new fresh one’s. As we'll love that if it happens.

• Adawong2011

Mar 8th 2011, 12:56

The films are not in the same - universe as the game's as you should know that by now, which is a shame and it is not going to be Resident evil 5 the movie from the game, it will have lots of bits from it though which is exciting though !!.

• QuietLife

Mar 18th 2011, 9:54

Oh my god, albeit joining in a little late on this thread but stumbled onto a shocker. Paul (not the talented one) Anderson is English??!? Surely apart from Event Horizon this guy is worse, (hear me dalidab?) WORSE than Uwe Boll? I imagined he'd clambered out of some random, untamed tribe destined to be the scapegoat of any director's future poor effort ("not the typical Farrelly you'd expect but not full 'W.S' territory")! Well they keep making money so I guess I'm the one missing something.

• FBPReljac

Feb 17th 2012, 21:34

THE CHARACTER LEON KENNEDY MUST BE IN THIS FILM.THAT MAKES THIS FILM BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!