Resident Evil: Retribution trailer arrives

Reconnect with evil

A new teaser trailer has emerged for Resident Evil: Retribution, the fifth instalment in the survival horror franchise, and initially, you could be forgiven for mistaking it for an advert for the latest Sony products.

The trailer begins with a sequence mimicking an advert for the latest raft of Sony technology, before neatly segueing into the chaotic world created by the shadowy Umbrella Corporation.

Once again, Milla Jovovich decks herself out in head to toe leather as consummate badass Alice, and as she puts it so succinctly, “This is my world.”

Check out the new trailer below…

The fifth film sees Umbrella’s T-Virus continue to plague the planet, with Alice representing humanity’s last chance of survival. On the hunt for those responsible for the outbreak, our heroine embarks upon a globetrotting adventure that takes her everywhere from Tokyo to Moscow.

From the looks of the trailer, it would appear that this will be Alice’s most chaotic mission to date, with all manner of flesh-eating beasties standing in her path. At least she has a few old friends on hand to back her up…

Resident Evil: Retribution opens in the UK on 14 September 2012.

What do you make of the new trailer? Excited for round five? Tell us, below.

Comments

• chaosdefined

Jan 20th 2012, 9:25

It's like a series of terrible B-Movies. Shame they b*****dised one of my favourite video game series. So are the films now completely ignoring the events of the third film where...you know..the world sort of ended and became a desert planet?

• ilikescifi

Jan 20th 2012, 10:56

I like how they used the soundtrack from Tron Legacy

• badger86

Jan 20th 2012, 14:38

What's with all those shameless sony plugs...bad trailer, i wasn't expecting much but still. The films are s**t, and i will criticise them at every turn. However part of me (the half blind, sunday afternoon hangover bit) does occasionally like to indulge itself with these turds, i don't know why, but hey we all have our shameful vices. The resi 6 trailer however was s**t hot...my reaction was something akin to this... http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/9/2012/01/9b5b22ed3c15cd418b62348f48d1addb/original.jpg

• durden

Jan 20th 2012, 14:45

ok...did no one notice the daft punk song from tron legacy?i think the trailer is in no way surprising.fans of the franchise will continue to like it,those who don't...well,it's not likely this instalment will change their mind

• marc96

Jan 20th 2012, 15:26

i dont mind the movies, although i do wish they had made it like a typical zombie movie and add some tension you get in the movies, will be good to see some of the old cast back. i'll wait till its out to rent though, dont think its worth the price of a cinena ticket

• marc96

Jan 20th 2012, 15:26

oops i meant tension you get in the games lol

• Trickycustomer

Jan 20th 2012, 19:02

This better be the last one. It's strayed way too far from the original story for my liking. Time to make a faithful tv series or set of films that honors the brilliant story and characters which makes resi so awesome. Anderson is taking the p**s!

• Trickycustomer

Jan 20th 2012, 19:33

@king of cinema: yes hear you there! Thankfully Capcom have explored different styles for the series although I was a little disappointed with degeneration. It's story was a little slow and boring but I'd choose it over Anderson's carp films anyway! Ps can't wait for resident evil revelations, operation racc**n city, and resi 6 should be a good year for the fans :-)

• Trickycustomer

Jan 20th 2012, 19:35

c**p films! Damn fingers lol

• Trickycustomer

Jan 20th 2012, 19:35

c**p films! Damn fingers lol

• bowz88

Jan 20th 2012, 21:27

how is michelle rodriguez in this? pretty sure she died in the first one or have they managed to clone her too

• marc96

Jan 20th 2012, 22:54

@nowz88 im hoping it isnt the ridiculous cloning story that brings her back into into it, would prefer it if its some sort of flashback

Jan 20th 2012, 23:27

Looks like more poop, anyway it's all good because Resident Evil 6 is out on Nov 20th :)

• writerdave87

Jan 21st 2012, 13:13

I'm hoping Paul WS anderson dies in a horrific accident at the premier (preferably taking Dalidab with him) and they don't release this piece of s**t in cinemas as a mark of respect...

• Murphy0806

Jan 21st 2012, 19:42

That's bit hypocritical. A case of Dalidab calling the kettle an idiot.

• writerdave87

Jan 22nd 2012, 17:33

f**k you Dalidab, you fat sack of hypocritical cuntish s**t. You've said you hope I die on these forums more times than I can count. I was joking about Paul WS Anderson, but seriously, the world would be a better place if you drowned yourself in the bathtub.

• writerdave87

Jan 22nd 2012, 21:29

Again, f**k off. You've told me countless times how you'd be delighted if I died, you hypocritical little s**t. Anderson makes toss movies, he's squandered the potential of the Resident Evil films, his 3 musketeers looked so epically f*****g awful I will never, ever pay money to see it. Uwe Boll in my opinion is better than Anderson because Boll freely admits he makes s**t, whereas Anderson genuinely thinks he has talent. As for you, stop being an offensive, braindead little c**t then telling people to 'chill'. If you don't like people having a go at you, f**k off and don't post your inane moronic ramblings.

• Murphy0806

Jan 22nd 2012, 22:09

Totally with you on that. Not only did he ruin what could have been a decent little franchise, he couldn't leave well enough alone when he did. There are so many things that p****d me off when I watched the first one in the cinema I'm pretty sure I ruined it for a few people around me (huffing and puffing, laughing during action scenes). Then came the m**********r of all p**s takes. The Cube corridor rip off. Did no-one who read that script say "hang on, I've seen this somewhere before". I'm surprised one of the marines didn't take off their boot and throw it in to test it. Like I said, there were many bad things about it, unsympathetic and extremely dumb characters, ropey dialogue, Michelle Rodriguez but that really annoyed me (Rodriguez did come a very, very close second though). Saying that, if I remember right, you did get to see Juvovich's chuff. Just a shame you had to sit through the whole shoddy mess to get to it.

• LukeSween

Jan 23rd 2012, 16:52

How is saying you get to see her chuff sexist? moron Back to the film, it looks absolute s**t. The first 3 were guilty pleasures, mainly because I used to like the looks of Jovovich but now they're gone from guilty viewing pleasures to just feeling guilty I wasted my time doing so.

• writerdave87

Jan 23rd 2012, 18:08

Dalidab, again, shut the f**k UP. You have no right whatsoever to tell people how to behave seeing as you yourself frequently make sexist comments on the appearance of actresses you don't like. Not to mention your frequent homophobic comments about bisexuals, your often-repeated description of all straight men as 'rapists', and a whole load of other hateful, bilious c**p. You are the most offensive, horrific, disrespectful, disgusting excuse at a human being I've ever come into any sort of contact with, and I'm profoundly grateful because if I'd met you in person and you'd actually had the stones to say some of the s**t you come out with to my face, I would be likely be in jail right now. Also, while I totally agree with Murphy about Resi 1 I don't actually agree with the 'chuff' comment if it's not meant as a p**stake- but try this idea on for size. Paul WS Anderson and Milla Jojovitch have absolutely no problem with fetishistically filming her body in skintight costumes and slow motion to get people to see the film (she's been getting her kit off in roles for years), so if the actress has no issue with people seeing her in that film in those terms, and her husband has no problem, then frankly a fat, gay, delusionally self-important borderline-psychotic cuntish little failed actor from Wakefield has absolutely no say in the matter. To reiterate, just shut up. Go and die in a ditch somewhere, you'd contribute more by your absence.

• Murphy0806

Jan 23rd 2012, 19:36

Of course I was joking. There were no highlights in that film.

• writerdave87

Jan 23rd 2012, 20:38

Get it into your thick skull. No one goes to see Mill Jojovitch in a catsuit because they think she's a good actress. All Paul WS anderson's films featuring her have been aimed squarely at teenage boys who want to see guns and scantily clad women. ironically, when you go to see films most of the time you seem to want to see teenage boys, but I digress. 'Before he gets death threats or something even worse?' if someone was going to threaten to kill him for making s**t films, they'd have done it years ago.