Sin City 2 has to be one of the most-anticipated properties of recent years, with director Robert Rodriguez continually teasing news of the sequel before putting it off time and again.
Now however, things appear to finally be moving, with a start date finally in sight for the long-awaited project. Rodriguez told The Hollywood Reporter that production is due to start on Sin City 2 this summer, hot on the heels of Machete 2, which begins filming in April.
Rodriguez wouldn’t be drawn on confirming any cast members, although he did indicate that the project will be likely to target a similarly eclectic mix as the original.
As for which of the comic-book storylines the sequel will adapt, nothing has been confirmed as yet, although previous interviews have suggested A Dame to Kill For will be the primary subject matter.
“Sin City 2 is primarily an adaptation of the book A Dame to Kill For,” said Frank Miller last year. “It also features the short story, Just Another Saturday Night and two new stories, one involving Jessica Alba’s character, Nancy Callahan, that I came up with for the movie in order to tie things together and make it be more united with the first.”
Let’s hope this latest news doesn’t precede another false start. We’ve waited long enough…
Are you more excited for Sin City 2 or Machete 2? Tell us, below.