Robert Rodriguez' Spy Kids 4 gets another trailer

Selling up the movie's smell-o-vision. Seriously.

Another trailer for Robert Rodriguez' kid-friendly actioner Spy Kids 4 has shown up online.

Spy Kids 4: All The Time In The World relaunches the franchise with a new set of kids, and Jessica Alba as the undercover mother.

Frankly, this trailer plays directly to its intended audience, so it's not even worth us moaning about the avalanche of so-so CGI, the irritating animal sidekick, and Jeremy Piven's limp villain.

The trailer even breaks for an odd aside about the movie's '4D' - you'll get a scratch 'n' sniff card in the cinema so that your sense of smell doesn't feel left out amid the onslaught.

That said, Rodriguez looks to be directing with his trademark energy, and the sight of Alba in a leather catsuit will provide considerable consolation to any dads dragged to this on a Saturday morning.

Watch the trailer for yourself right here:

Spy Kids 4: All The Time In The World opens on 19 August 2011.

What do you make of the new trailer? Any other movies you think could benefit from smell-o-vision? Talk to us below...

Comments

• writerdave87

Jul 3rd 2011, 23:22

Well if anyone's going to perv on a kid's film, it's gonna be Dalidab.

• Nmnbc70

Jul 4th 2011, 1:31

what is wrong with you dalidab? saying rodriguez is better than tarantino. compare them tarantino is still making fantastic movies eg. inglorious basterds and kill bill when rodriguez has resorted to making kids movies eg. spy kids and shorts. soon rodriguez is gonna start directing direct to dvd movies.

• writerdave87

Jul 4th 2011, 9:17

Applying logic to anything Dalidab says about films is like trying to dig to China with a banana.

• EivindMN

Jul 4th 2011, 18:58

What writerdave87 said.

Jul 4th 2011, 19:19

What the hell happened to Rodriguez ? after Sin City he's just wasted time on malarkey.

• Nmnbc70

Jul 5th 2011, 2:32

@dalidab Its funny how your the only one that thinks rodiguez is any good :L

• writerdave87

Jul 5th 2011, 7:30

Dalidab, just stop. I'm a big Rodriguez fan and I actually have a lot of time for the spy kids films (seriously, a director who makes Machete then goes and makes a movie for his kids is f*****g cool no matter how good or bad the film itself), but Tarantino is a much better director. Rodriguez himself has said so. You can't say you like Rodriquez's work on Planet Terror and Machete and not like Tarantino... Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill part 2 are great films. While flawed, Kill Bill part 1 and Inglorious Basterds are also very good, and True Romance, though only written by Tarantino, has some of my favourite movie dialogue in it. And saying Django Unchained sounds pathetic is pretty rich considering some of the utter s**t you champion (Resident evil films, Anderson's 3 Musketeers, Justin Bieber, all the other c**p). Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Di Caprio and Sam Jackson in a Tarantino western? If that doesn't at least spark your interest you really do have no taste.

• writerdave87

Jul 5th 2011, 7:32

Oh and stop misquoting people, pretending they agree with you and putting a little patronising smiley face. It makes you look like an utter tool.

• writerdave87

Jul 5th 2011, 18:14

Please for the love of god don't list your 100 favourite films, that doesn't matter. You need to understand listing dozens of films doesn't explain anything. As for Tarantino... whut? Only two of his films actually have martial arts in it. He likes films, and he references them.; yeah you could call it 'ripping off', but Rodriguez himself admits he references Tarantino and shares a lot of influences. You're just trashing him for the sake of trashing him without providing any reason. I don't like Kill Bill Vol1 myself and most of Death Proof either, but neither are a 'pile of s**t, end of story period.' Considering some of the rubbish you've praised this sounds suspiciously like your hatred of Tom Cruise- fanatical and baseless. You have NO IDEA what Django unchained is going to be like, so why slag it off? You realise that he's in Dusk till Dawn, Planet Terror, and Sukiyaki because the directors admire him and count him as an influence? Rodriguez is friends with him and has publically stated many times how much he admires him, so you're calling this director you're singing the praises of a 'total idiot' because he thinks Tarantino is a very talented director? I think I'll take Rodriguez's opinion over yours on that one. By the way I'm not a Tarantino fanboy, I find the man himself pretty irritating but he's a very talented filmmaker. Lastly, you might want to think something through- in that little rant you yourself say you think three of his films are very good, only four are bad in your opinion, you like him as an actor in five films, and you like his screenplays for three films... hardly 'total c**p' is he. And as for starting in a video shop... you do amateur dramatics in Wakefield, I think he's probably in a better position to be a film expert than you are.

Jul 5th 2011, 19:43

Machete a masterpiece LOL

• writerdave87

Jul 5th 2011, 19:56

I can't take a man seriously who prefers Paul w**k-Stain Anderson to Tarantino, sorry.

• writerdave87

Jul 5th 2011, 20:31

I would agree with that in regards to Kill Bill vol 1 (which I find dull despite the amount of action, though there are bits I love), and a lot of Death Proof, but Death Proof redeems itself in one of the best car chases I've ever seen and Kurt Russell's villain (who could have done with a much better film).

• writerdave87

Jul 5th 2011, 22:18

I was agreeing with you about Vol 1... I only like the bit at the beginning, up to the killing the woman in the kitchen. I'll agree with you again about Death Proof- the switcharoo and subsequent a*s-kicking ending I thought was brilliantly handled.

• EivindMN

Jul 6th 2011, 21:29

About taking people seriously. I don't take anyone seriously who doesn't write English correctly in a public discussion thread, like this. (I admit my English isn't perfect either, though it's not my first language, but at least I try). If you, dalidab1982, thinks Robert Rodriguez is a better director than Quentin Tarantino, that's totally fine. You don't have to like any of his films, and I will respect that. That's your personal opinion, and this could have been a very interesting thread, with a good discussion. But calling him a peace of s**t, and then ranting a bunch of name and claiming you are a film expert, is something that really bothers me. Your credibility disappeared in your first comment. I really enjoyed Rodriguez' last film, "Machete", though the trailer for this movie does not look good. I'm sure it's gonna be a great kids movie, and it could be fun with Danny Trejo as Machete in a role, and Ricky Gervais as the dog, though I doubt I will run to the cinemas. And that is my personal opinion, and I'm not trying to pretend otherwise.