Rooney Mara goes topless in Girl With A Dragon Tattoo poster

Daniel Craig fails at being a bra

girl with the dragon tattoo poster

The first poster has been released for David Fincher's Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, giving us a chance to examine some of Rooney Mara's more intimate piercings.

The remake, currently in production in Sweden, sees Daniel Craig as investigative journalist Mikael Blomkvist, opposite Mara's goth-hacker Lisbeth Salander.

Mara, who starred in last year's A Nightmare On Elm Street and played a small role in Fincher's The Social Network, wasted no time throwing herself into the role, originally played by Noomi Rapace.

The unlikely duo team up to investigate a decades-old disappearance, uncovering danger, conspiracy, and each other's clothing along the way.

See the new poster below:

girl with the dragon tattoo poster

So er... how about that tag line?

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011) will be released in the UK on 26 December 2011.

Liking what Mara has brought (and not brought) to the role? Or is it blasphemy? Let us know!

Comments

• AbAeterno

Jun 2nd 2011, 19:18

f**k me that is an intense poster... Officially renounced any qualms about the remake, this combined with the teaser show that Fincher is better than ever at the moment. Hell, I was skeptical about The Social Network, but that turned out to be a masterpiece. f**k knows what he'll do with this.

• joker16

Jun 2nd 2011, 21:06

Topless, T O P L E S S

Jun 2nd 2011, 21:59

Erm did I wonder into the NUTS website by mistake ?

• DanielMcA

Jun 2nd 2011, 22:03

I think the date is wrong. There are only 12 months in the year, not 21. Ah, you say, this is for the American market. They enumerate dates differently. Why then has Total Film chosen to list the date of posts in the Americanised fashion (see immediately above)? Because it's all about cultural lubrication and acquiescence. Instead of trying to defend or promote difference and variation they've decided to quietly drop trou, bend over, lube up and think of Big Macs and Maryjanerottencrotch. Matt Johnson was right - this is the 51State.

• jamiehalus

Jun 2nd 2011, 22:27

DanielMcA, seriously dude, get the f*** over yourself.

• badger86

Jun 2nd 2011, 23:12

DanielMcA, shut the f*** up.

• writerdave87

Jun 3rd 2011, 0:41

Really? I thought the tagline was pretty self-explanatory. Evil shall with evil be expelled=;fight fire with fire, takes a wolf to catch a wolf, etc etc. I take that to mean Fincher's making Salander and Blomquist darker characters. Dalidab, Mcgregor's really too young to play the journo and I'd rather cut my own eyes out than watch a big brother attention seeker in that kind of role. If Fincher's worked with Mara before, he clearly thinks enough of her to trust her with a pivotal role in a new trilogy so maybe we should wait and see how she is before we all jump on and give her a kicking. From the look of the redband trailer I'm hoping Fincher's going balls out dark and nasty with this version, the poster is a massive 'f**k you' statement. Oh and Daniel McA, you're a bloody moron. It's an American poster, of course it's going to have Americanised dates.

• alexbott

Jun 3rd 2011, 3:15

dalidab1982.. Its just a film , chill the f**k out ...

• koolerking

Jun 3rd 2011, 7:22

dalidab1982 Will you get over Ewan Mcgregor & Shabby Katchadourian being in this movie. I hate to tell you its being filmed right now. Its not going to happen!

• ChrisWootton

Jun 3rd 2011, 9:30

It does look pretty good although having Julian Sands and Joely Richardson (2 of the worst actors in world history) in it isn't going to do the movie any favours. Daniel Craig is perfect casting but Rooney Mara has her work cutout. The trailer reminded me of the opening titles to Seven (obviously not as skin crawling but you get where I'm going). I thought the tagline was just a bit jumbled up design wise and should read "Evil should be expelled with Evil". Am I completely wrong on that?

• DanielMcA

Jun 3rd 2011, 12:08

jamiehalus & badger86. Sorry I spoke. Don't worry, go back to sleep.

• jamiehalus

Jun 3rd 2011, 12:57

DanielMcA, don't try and play the clever one now, you've already let yourself down with that pretentious precious little speech. If you're that annoyed that a few numbers are not where you wish them to be, then go run to the Daily Mail, I'm sure they'd love to hear from you. Other than that, the poster and the trailer both look pretty damn good.

• DanielMcA

Jun 3rd 2011, 13:30

I have let myself down - trying to make a serious point about Americanisation and cultural assimilation - in a room full of dunderheads. Don't worry, message received.

• writerdave87

Jun 3rd 2011, 16:26

Daniel McA, you're being h*****n yourself. You haven't let yourself down, you've set out to appear a pretentious, know-it-all c**k and you've achieved it. Mission accomplished! Dalidab- Dolph Lundgren and Uma Thurman? Seriously? Bring back the big brother girl, all is forgiven... :p

• writerdave87

Jun 3rd 2011, 16:27

How the hell did it censor 'being hard /// on yourself?' LOL.

Jun 3rd 2011, 17:29