Rumour: Alan Taylor to direct Terminator 5?

Thor: The Dark World helmer reportedly in talks

Terminator 5 might be about to secure itself a new director, with Thor: The Dark World's Alan Taylor reportedly in line to take the reins.

According to Variety, Taylor has entered into talks with Paramount over potentially directing the film, although no official deal has been struck as yet.

Justin Lin was previously attached to the position before scheduling conflicts meant he was forced to step down. Since then, the project has been shelved and then revived, with Taylor currently thought to be the front-runner to head up its latest iteration.

Concrete details about the new film are few and far between, although it has been mooted that Terminator 5 will become the first installment in a brand new trilogy.

In addition to that, Arnold Schwarzenegger has confirmed that he will be involved in some capacity, while Dwayne Johnson has also been linked to the property. Terminator 5 is expected to open in the US on 26 June 2015.

Would Taylor be a good choice to direct? Tell us, below!

Comments

• chibik

Sep 6th 2013, 6:57

Sending a Terminator into the medieval era?

• ilikescifi

Sep 6th 2013, 7:15

'new trilogy' 'reboot' 'franchise'

• pdanyluk

Sep 6th 2013, 7:58

Terminator 2 still remains as my best film having first watched it just over 20 years ago. Terminator 3 was a let down due to the obvious reason, James Cameron was not involved. Also it played it to safe by relying on Arnie and being an almost carbon copy of T2. Terminator Salvation however, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and found some enjoyment from it. Miles better than all the Transformers movies put together. In my opinion it took the franchise in a different direction without completely p*ssing all over the original. It was set in the future which we all asked for. Granted it was not the future as depicted during Kyle Reeses flashbacks. But still, I think there was potential and I feel it is a great shame that we will never get to see McG's intended trilogy. Instead we are getting a new trilogy that no one has asked for and one I have no interest in. The studio obviously lack faith if they are having to have Arnie heavily involved. The sad fact is, in this day and age his name no longer sells movies. The youth of today are more into your everyday man action hero and not your saggy muscle bound OAP hero. Just like the Sarah Conner Chronicles this will besmirch the good name of The Terminator. The best thing is for the franchise rights to be given back to James Cameron and let him film his version of T3. I'm convinced he has always had an idea locked away in his noggin.

Sep 6th 2013, 8:51

This series is just a joke now. T3 has nothing to reccomend it, the villain - for some reason - was a downgrade from the T1000, and I can't remember a single thing about it. T: Salvation had a good first half, nicely murky dystopia but the story was ruined by an ending that seemed tagged on from another cheesier franchise and a 'twist' that was already revealed in the trailer. I have just seen the new Robocop trailer, its looks rubbish, the dark heart of the original replaced by PG-13 Megaman movie.

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Sep 6th 2013, 9:20

I am really losing patience with all the pop up ads. There are other movie websites you know.

• davemedlo

Sep 6th 2013, 9:41

Dear God, why? Weren't the last two bad enough? And RaveyDaveyGravy - I am bang on with you, those pop-up ads are horrible and make me want to not come back here.

• daz8778

Sep 6th 2013, 10:06

yeah sort out the pop up ads or i am sticking with collider or cinemablend for my movie news

• vincevega

Sep 6th 2013, 10:32

can you not have your setting to block pop ups? I don't have any pop ups annoying me...

• chibik

Sep 6th 2013, 11:05

Maybe it's regional. I'm not getting any either.

• spid2411

Sep 6th 2013, 11:32

There were 2 good Terminator films and that was enough. We dont need endless reboots, franchises etc for every film ever made. So this is as pointless....as the remake of Robocop (the trailer for that looks bland and pretty and will clearly have none of the subversive undertones of the original, instead replacing that with CGI robots and s**t blowing up). As for the pop ups, they are becoming a pain in the a**e because you have them on every page. We get it - you have sold out to corporations but you dont need to keep slapping our faces with it.

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Sep 6th 2013, 11:50

nope, pop ups already blocked, and this is the only website that I get them. Its gotten so bad recently I cant read any stories, shame because I love this site

• daskoyne

Sep 6th 2013, 12:33

I also am plagued with troublesome pop ups, I use Firefox with all pop ups blocked, but this is the only site I get them on. And they are full page c**p that (sometimes 1 on top of another) that have to be closed down. The full page Pain and Gain one is the bane of my life. I understand the site needs advertisers revenue to exist, but why does it have to be so obtrusive?

• ilikescifi

Sep 6th 2013, 12:34

i get no pop ups but screen rant publishes all the same stories, usually 2 days before TF, sorry

• smellyhands

Sep 6th 2013, 13:05

Hollywood, just stop already. Please?

• QuietLife

Sep 6th 2013, 14:07

@RaveyDaveyGravy - If you use Chrome I can recommend AdBlock Plus from the Chrome Store. I use that and get no popups anywhere nor adverts on Youtube cips etc. (/webstore/search/adblock%20plus)

Sep 6th 2013, 15:16

Haha its the computer version of those annoying ads that fall out of the magazine. Or worse, the cardboard ones you have to tear out before you can even read the mag.

Sep 6th 2013, 17:32

Lame so that means Alan Taylor will yet again miss more episodes of Game of Thrones that he should be directing. Unless they plan to send a Terminator back in time to Westeros to kill off Jon Snow.

Sep 7th 2013, 16:39

"Hodor if you want to live"

Sep 7th 2013, 22:38

LOL Hodor !!!

• 2Dglasses

Sep 8th 2013, 1:17

The world will look up and shout "save us"..and i'll look down and whisper....hodor