Fox is planning an X-Force movie

UPDATE: Kick-Ass 2's Jeff Wadlow is writing the script

Rumours abound that Fox might be about to expand its X-Men movie universe by giving the green light to a new project based upon the X-Force comic series.

According to fan site X-MenFilms.com, the studio registered the domain name X-forceMovie.com some months ago, suggesting that a movie adaptation could be in the pipeline.

Launched in the early ‘90s, the X-Force series was responsible for introducing well-loved characters like Cable and Warpath as part of a new team of mutant heroes.

While this is obviously just a rumour at this stage, it’s worth remembering that Fox registered a domain name for Days Of Future Past long before the film was announced, and a new mutant team might be a good way to reboot the franchise.

Fox have also got a 90-minute panel coming up at Comic-Con, with no official details having been released as to what will be featured. Could there be a big announcement in the offing? We’ll have to wait and see…

UPDATE:The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision blog is reporting that Kick-Ass 2 writer-director Jeff Wadlow has been tapped to write the X-Force script for Fox, with a view to directing. X-Men regular Lauren Shuler Donner will produce. Now we're even more hopefully for a Comic-Con announcement, and we'll be anticipating Kick-Ass 2 even more keenly...

Would you welcome an X-Force movie? Tell us, below!

Comments

• CaptainCrazy

Jul 12th 2013, 10:24

I'm more surprised that they haven't rap...mined the X-Universe before.

• davecross

Jul 12th 2013, 10:33

Never been much of a fan of X-Force. But I'd *love* to see an X-Factor film series.

• trist808

Jul 12th 2013, 10:46

Too many idiots will think it's a film version of the crud they watch every Saturday night ... "Why aren't they singing cover versions badly out-of-tune?" ... "I always thought Leona Lewis was a mutant" etc etc

• X4X5campaign

Jul 12th 2013, 11:35

This would be great! Fox can easily expand the X-Men universe with this new spin-off, another First Class movie set in the 80's and a modern time sequel with original cast. Three different movies to develop different characters and actors. Seems like a perfect plan to us. Lets hope they announce something at Comic Con, to start creating hype

• Monkeynuts30

Jul 12th 2013, 13:40

Would be an interesting movie. I'm a massive fan of X Force, having collected the series since issue #1 and followed many of the characters from their time in the 90's era New Mutants. If it happens I look forward to the writers and director finding a way to portray the most militant of the X teams as still being the good guys despite Cable having a far more... proactive stance than Xavier.

Jul 12th 2013, 17:06

I don't know who that woman is, but she looks like she should be played by Thora Birch..

• william1hende

Jul 12th 2013, 22:07

I freelance over th℮ internet and earn about 80-85$ an hour. I was without a job for 7 months but last month my paycheck with big fat bonus was $15000 just working on my computer from my home for 5-6 hours. Here's what i have been doing----->----> w­w­w.D­A­Y­3­4.c­o­m

• william1hende

Jul 12th 2013, 22:08

• Monkeynuts30

Jul 12th 2013, 23:59

@Hadouken76 That's Domino, I can see Thora Birch playing her. Would love to see who they'd cast as Cable.

• Murphy0806

Jul 13th 2013, 14:04

Great news. Cable is a fantastic character. Wonder if this could pave the way for an Avengers VS X-Men film (provided the studios could sort something out). The comics were a little disappointing but it would be good fun to watch on the big screen.