Rumour: More than one villain in Batman Vs. Superman?

And Wonder Woman’s role an extended cameo

Another day, another batch of Batman vs. Superman rumours, with the latest updates coming from reputable superhero source, Batman On Film.

The site apparently has the lowdown on the new film, and claims that not only will Lex Luthor be featured, but he won't be the only villain on display, with another Superman antagonist apparently lined up.

Describing the picture as “truly a Superman film”, the site goes on to speculate that Gal Gadot’s role as Wonder Woman will be an extended cameo, with a view to setting up a solo movie further down the track.

The report predicts her involvement to be comparable to that of Black Widow in Iron Man 2, which would probably make sense, given the top billing of the two eponymous heroes.

Plenty to chew on there until we get some more concrete details from Warner. Directed by Zack Snyder, and co-starring Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck, Batman Vs. Superman will open in the US on 17 July 2015.

What do you make of the latest rumours? Tell us, below!

Comments

• SiMan

Jan 7th 2014, 14:11

Still holding my breath on this one - was really disappointed with MoS - way too serious for my liking, but am looking forward to seeing the extended DC universe on the big screen.

Jan 7th 2014, 15:02

I expected more than one, Lex is a great villain but he can't physically challenge Superman or Batman. Loved Man of Steel so I can't wait for this.

• Chufferstud

Jan 7th 2014, 15:17

I still think Brainiac may make an appearance, but I hope Luthor isn't treated comically as Hackman's version, which was great in the 80s. I watched MoS again this weekend and enjoyed it more the 2nd time around. I think there's a perception that big event movies need to be a couple of hours long, MoS could have done with some trimming down to create a faster pace. I think this film is going to be huge...whether that be a hit, flop or in length (covering all my bases!)

• batt101

Jan 7th 2014, 15:46

Maybe Clark can kiss us all and erase that memory of MOS

• jacobfinlay

Jan 7th 2014, 18:26

they might as well just call this dc universe with the amount they're cramming in. While I can understand that luthor might not be enough of a villain for the 2 of them, in which case they should just bring on one all-powerful villain and make him the main (and only-other than some minor henchmen) villain, rather than sideline a complex and important villain who could be explore much better in a sequel featuring only superman. One of the things man of steel did get right was the villain(although I'd attribute a lot of this to Michael shannons superb performance more than the script and production). my expectations of this film go down everyday

• vinnym1980

Jan 7th 2014, 19:14

endofdays, that was a good thing that lois knows hes superman. The main gripe about any superman film is that she doesn't know who he is even though it looks exactly like him. She would have to be a retard not to know.

Jan 7th 2014, 20:42

It'll be interesting to see if Wayne/Batman knows Kent is Supe, after all he's suppose to be a great detective.

Jan 8th 2014, 0:46

That goes for Superted as well. FFS PEOPLE how many talking bears do you know? O he's wearing glasses? Oh then it cant't be him!

• trist808

Jan 8th 2014, 7:18

What? Clark Kent is Sueprted? Saaaaaaaaaay whaaaaaaaaaaaat???? You've just ruined my childhood @Hadouken76 :-(

• trist808

Jan 8th 2014, 7:18

or even Superted (damn banana-fingers!!!)