Sam Mendes confirmed for Bond 24 in 2015

The latest 007 adventure has a director and a release date

After much speculation, director Sam Mendes has been officially confirmed for Bond 24.

Following on from the success of Skyfall, the highest-grossing film in the franchise, Mendes is returning to helm his second Bond flick, which is scheduled for release on 23 October 2015. Daniel Craig will return to star.

It’s yet another ENORMOUS film in the 2015 line-up, with The Avengers 2, Star Wars: Episode VII, Terminator 5, Ant-Man, The Hunger Games: MockingjayPart 2 and Finding Dory among the titles hitting multiplexes.

Mendes said in a statement, "I am very pleased that by giving me the time I need to honour all my theatre commitments, the producers have made it possible for me to direct Bond 24. I very much look forward to taking up the reins again, and to working with Daniel Craig, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli for a second time.”

Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli added, “"Following the extraordinary success of Skyfall, we're really excited to be working once again with Daniel Craig, Sam Mendes and John Logan.”

We’re chuffed to see Mendes return, as in Skyfall he managed to celebrate Bond’s defining traits while bringing the franchise bang up to date.

Bond 24 is set to open in the UK on 23 October 2015, before opening in the US on 6 November 2015.

Glad to see Mendes back on board? Comment below!

Comments

• conklin09

Jul 11th 2013, 17:42

my neighbor's mother-in-law makes $86 hourly on the internet. She has been without work for 6 months but last month her payment was $14278 just working on the internet for a few hours. Here's the site to read more > ---- WEP6.ℂOM

Jul 11th 2013, 19:26

I loved Skyfall but I am kinda p****d we're having to wait till 2015 for the next Bond because of theater. At Daniel's age he should be making as many Bond's as he can before it's too late.

• Gindalf0492

Jul 11th 2013, 19:36

2015 will be Disney's year, Avengers 2, Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Star wars VII + whatever else they release. Glad hes back though, was a big improvment of the first 2 of craigs

Jul 11th 2013, 20:00

Skyfall divided people, but I liked it. Jason Issacs as Blofeld! You know you want to.

Jul 11th 2013, 20:04

I wouldn't go that far a lot of people still think Casino Royale is better. Personally I think they're both great but are stronger in different areas.

• Broadsword

Jul 11th 2013, 21:48

Sam Mendes and co are responsible for reminding us what a Bond movie is about; Bond. In the beginning it was Connery with a gun and a hat protecting blighty from anyone who dared cross us. Somewhere along the line that got lost in camp nonsense , the invisible car c**p and just general laziness and malaise. Mendes gave us exactly what we needed; a movie about a man who is willing to put everything on the line to protect the things he holds dear. Mendes for Bond 25 26 27 28 29...

• chibik

Jul 12th 2013, 6:30

I didn't enjoy Skyfall. Of course, I went to see this as someone who isn't a Bond fan, but even so I somehow expected more.

• trist808

Jul 12th 2013, 8:29

@Ali1748, originally the next Bond was set for 2016, so it's been brought forward a year earlier and I for one am glad Mendes is returning. The next Bond is part one of a two-parter, so hopefully he's on board for both and I'm excited to see what he does with 007 next :-)

• russellhogan

Jul 14th 2013, 13:53

boo! skyfall was rubbish. my seven year old daughter picked holes in it thats how rubbish it is! 'Daddy wasnt James Blond supposed to save the old lady' Get lost Mendes and Logan!