Saw 3D image and poster unleashed

Cover your eyes...

The first image from Saw 3D has revealed the franchise will be taking a crowd-pleasing change of direction, with new director John Lasseter anthromorphising a hacksaw, and sending him on a whacky animated adventure across a toolshed, accompanied by his friends Mrs Hammer and Toby Nail.

Only joking, it's a woman looking scared surrounded by some hooks. It's exactly what we expected to see.

You might be slightly more interested in the poster, which is the latest body-part teaser used by the Saw folk to promote their infinite franchise. But, to be honest, we're a bit bored by it.

Do you still care about the Saw movies? Tell us why!

In cinemas...

Comments

• govenorarnold

Jul 22nd 2010, 13:35

I think the last one I watched was Saw IV, and I have no idea what happened, or how many more there have been since then. They should have stopped after the first one. So, no, I don't care about this franchise :)

• NMM1310

Jul 22nd 2010, 16:32

yes i think the franchise is still worth making as i feel the 6th saw movie was the best one and a little disapointed that the 7th movie is the last one as they where going to make 2 more. one thing i do not like about the new movie is the title as i dont belive it is worth making the last saw movie in 3D as none of the others are in 3d and the title sounds like a new series of the movies rather that the last part of the franchise so i think it should have just stayed with saw vii

Jul 22nd 2010, 17:06

wasnt the original jigsaw a blue collar bloke with terminal illness? All these new traps seem to be the sort found in a plutocratic Bond Villans volcano getaway

• govenorarnold

Jul 23rd 2010, 9:17

See. There are plenty of people who like the trash sequels. This is why they keep being made. *sigh*.

• Spidermulder

Jul 23rd 2010, 14:44

I never understand why people feel the need to bash these movies. If they not to your liking, don't see them. They're not made for you anyway. Of course, by not seeing them, you then don't really have the right to criticise them. The same goes for those people who have a problem with sequels, remakes and reboots in general. What does it matter if thet get made if you choose not to see them? Yes I like the Saw films, and I enjoyed Casino Royale, and Predators, and Batman Begins. I did not like The A Team, or Clash of the Titans, or Wolverine. Sex and the City 2? I have no idea as I have absolutely no intention of watching it. But do I think it should have been made? As it affects me approximately..... NONE!....why would I care either way?

• DrStrangelove

Jul 23rd 2010, 17:28

Wow, how thrilling! I think I'm falling asleep.............................................................................................

• aliceISalive

Jul 23rd 2010, 19:29

gloody disgusting?

• alkamal

Jul 24th 2010, 1:45

I got bored (and annoyed at the obvious stupidity of it all) while watching the first one and inwardly label anyone who professes their love for these films as morons.