Scary Movie 5 on the way

Dimension keen to recruit old cast members

We know times have been bleak of late. The economy is in the toilet, riots have rocked Britain’s streets and the summer weather has been a total non-starter. However, there is a silver lining… Scary Movie 5 is in the pipeline!

Dimension Films are reportedly hard at work resurrecting the spoof series that nobody was sad to see the back of, with Bloody Disgusting reporting that offers are on the table for some of the original cast to return.

So will Anna Faris be among the past luminaries to return for another helping? Well, not that we know of. So far, the cast members to receive offers are Regina Hall (Scary Movie 1-4), Anthony Anderson (Scary Movie 3-4) and Kevin Hart (Scary Movie 3-4).

Initial reports had suggested that the franchise would be remade (that’s right, a remake of a spoof) but now it would appear that Dimension are after another straight sequel. The Comebacks writers Stephen Leff, John Aboud and Michael Colton have been approached to write the script.

No other details have been confirmed as yet, although remarkably, Dimension have stuck their neck out and slapped the project with a release date of 20 April 2012. Don’t all rush for your diaries at once.

Are there enough fart jokes left in the world to sustain another Scary Movie? Tell us your thoughts.

Comments

• Tarantino3011

Aug 24th 2011, 8:09

NOOOOOOOOOOOO..... OH GOD PLEASE NOOOO. STOP THIS INSANITY!!!

Aug 24th 2011, 9:37

What happened to David Zucker? His films were comedy highlights then after 1991 it was one car crash after the other... you used to be cool, man! I think out of fairness, the likes of the Wayans Bros, Seltzer and friedberg should be strapped to boms that can only be diffused by the sound of audience laughter...

• chaosdefined

Aug 24th 2011, 10:12

Wait I thought Scream 4 was Scary Movie 5? Felt like it anyway.

• trist808

Aug 24th 2011, 13:00

Spoofing a series that in itself was always tongue-in-cheek seemed pointless to me. The first Scary Movie was good fun and had a few chuckles at the expense of Scream, pretty much following the storyline and spoofing it's concept (great film fact, Scream was originally called Scary Movie! but I'm sure you all knew that - lol) But the subsequent sequels (of Scary Movie) were all rubbish and unfunny cash-ins. Even Scream lost it with no' 3 ... although I did enjoy Scre4m, purely for the multi-layered opening sequence which I thought was great and a fantastic killer line from Sydney at the end. Unfortunately Scary Movie 5 (and Scream 5) are inevitable, the only way to stop them is to vote with your ticket stubs people!

Aug 24th 2011, 15:09

I am embarrassed to admit that I actually like the first two. Sorry but they just make me chuckle.

• MikeyRix

Aug 24th 2011, 21:14

I'll take the riots anyday...