Schwarzenegger wants to be in Terminator Salvation 2

He’d be back…

Discussing his brief cameo in Terminator Salvation this week, Arnold Schwarzenegger told bloggers he’d be interested in a bigger part in the sequel.

“I think it’s cool to continue on with the franchise,” he said. “In case I want to jump over again and get into the acting after I’m through here.”

It’s the first time Arnold has expressed a desire to return to acting following his political career and we reckon McG should stop whatever he’s doing, right now, and pen a part for Arnie in the inevitable Salvation sequel.

And short of Michael Bay confirming, “I like explosions,” or Scarlett Johansson going on record to state, “I’m quite attractive,” it’s hard to think of a less surprising statement than Arnie saying, “I’ll be in Terminator Salvation.”

It’s been rumoured since the project began, and half-confirmed by official sources as far back as November last year.

But it’s now it’s official, coming straight from the Governator’s mouth. “I made it very clear that I don’t have the time to do the movie,” Arnie said. “I said that I would be willing to be in the movie if they get the technology together, and so they are working on that right now.”

[Source: LA Times]

Do you want Arnie back? Tell us below!

Comments

• sergal

Apr 22nd 2009, 9:44

Scarlett Johansson "actress"actually is a clone from original person,who has nothing with acting career.Clone was created illegally using stolen biomaterial.Original Scarlett Galabekian last name is nice, CHRISTIAN young lady.

• sergal

Apr 22nd 2009, 9:53

• ThrashGordon

Apr 22nd 2009, 11:57

dunno.. as much as I love arnie, I think hes too old to be the Terminator. :( I mean just look at how menacing and awesome he was in the first movie, and to a lesser degree the 2nd (yes the first is my favourite)... sorry but with a machine, its the superficial stuff which counts, he is after all an emotionless cyborg; they're not very scary when they're wrinkled and have back-aches.

• RobbyRichmond

Apr 22nd 2009, 21:48

come on, this is standard prick teasing. Much like Sigourney Weaver or joss Weadon always talking up former projects and how the 'would love Ellen/Firefly to make a return' (* delete as appropriate) the producers know that a sound bite like this will start building the hype for the movie. He will be back , of course he will, but only to tell us the he'll be back and then stare meaningfully into camera... ooh... then Danny Devito appears and tells him junior needs feeding and to stop wearing that leather coat and sunglasses and staring into the mirror all day...

• thedarkknight

Apr 23rd 2009, 9:07

TrashGordon, you prefer the first film so you get no say in this. Arnie IS the Terminator. Of course we want him back. And I loved the deleted scene of him you guys put up the other day. Class.

• ThrashGordon

Apr 23rd 2009, 15:31

thedarkknight - What??? How do I not get a say in this, the first one is awesome!!! Dark 80s Tech-noir sci-fi ftw!!

• claudioclemente

Jul 4th 2012, 8:52

I would surely see Arnold in the next movie, but surely the Digital version. Don't misuranderstand, I love him, but I think he has not the age for it. Terminator has not to become old. It's better to see him immortal like he was in the first movies. I perfectly understand Arnold's wish to be in the movie,and I hope that this time the director will spend more scenes to show him.