Sebastian Stan talks Marvel vs. DC

Comments on Captain America 3 going up against Batman vs. Superman

2016 is already set to see one hell of a superhero face-off, as Marvel’s Captain America 3 takes on Batman vs. Superman on the very same weekend.

And while there might yet be a concession of that release slot from one side or the other, Sebastian Stan has come out with some bullish comments about which will emerge on top.

“I mean, all you really have to do to know the answer to that question is just look at the track record of Marvel vs. DC,” laughs the Winter Soldier star, before dropping the two fateful words, “Green Lantern!”

“You know, I’m biased!” he continues. “I dunno. I’m on this side. Listen, I’m with the brothers. They did a great film. If they want to do another film, and I’ll be part of it, then I’m game!”

Given that Stan recently revealed he has a nine-picture deal with Marvel, we would suggest he will very much be a part of Captain America 3. As to which film comes out on top, we’ll just have to wait until 6 May 2016 to find out...

What do you make of Stan's comments? Tell us, below!

Comments

• chibik

Mar 17th 2014, 8:56

I say, keep 'em coming!

• lianhughes

Mar 17th 2014, 10:09

same here, things can only get better! and more awesome!

Mar 17th 2014, 12:33

Or worse. Marvel aren't invincible.

• LSJShez

Mar 17th 2014, 14:52

More of the same Captain America, or the first film pairing of Batman and Superman? Marvel are building some good kudos with their in-house universe, but surely DC's team-up is going to be the big one that year.

• endofdays2

Mar 17th 2014, 15:33

Stan doesn't need to say anything, even Drive acknowledges the good work that DC did with TDK, actors should just keep schtum. Still don't think the conflict will affect either too much. DC's team-up could turn out a mess, there's certainly a lot of already disgruntled fans with the casting.

• endofdays2

Mar 17th 2014, 15:34

Feige not Drive, damned autocorrect.

• CaptainCrazy

Mar 17th 2014, 16:13

This is just a ridiculous situation Marvel and Warner have placed themselves in. It really is a 'cutting your nose to spite your face' dilemma which is nothing more than a dick-measuring contest. And I think fans are doing themselves a disservice by choosing sides here. Marvel has nothing to lose (Captain America can only take some of the market share) but DC/Warner has put all their eggs in one basket so they cannot afford a hit on the bottom line. I hope both companies will see sense and let both movies breathe. If we can have Star Wars and Avengers in one year then I don't see why 2016 couldn't be the same.

• YTWhitemanson

Mar 17th 2014, 18:05

f**k you marvel and f**k you dc

Mar 17th 2014, 19:19

To be fair Warner Bros moved to that date before Marvel even announced which movie they had planned to use it for. It's a bit arrogant of Marvel too simply occupy dates when they've not even got that movie in development yet.

• redgonzo

Mar 18th 2014, 7:05

not that there's anything wrong with captain america, but it's f*****g batman, you ain't f*****g batman. I mean it is ben affeck... but batman superman pair up is a trump card, it can't fail. it might not be good, in fact that's pretty 50/50. But it's gonna make money.

• chibik

Mar 18th 2014, 13:29

I don't see what's arrogant about planning ahead.

• richg814

Mar 18th 2014, 19:50

I don't normally post comments on sites but S. Stan and all of these other actors are so full of themselves in bashing DC. I am a fan of both worlds (however, I lean toward DC) but after all this negativity, I almost can't wait until the first Marvel film flops to shut all these people up!!! Oh, and just for the record I thought Green Lantern was better than Iron Man 2 and 3. Unfortuntely success is mandated by ticket sales not quality these days so as long as the studios churn out c**p with the word Marvel attached to it, people will go see it regardless of how bad it is.