Second Green Lantern trailer lands

“So, this is the chosen human...”

green lantern

A second full length trailer for Green Lantern has been released online.

Showing off a whole raft of footage that we’ve never seen before (as well as a fair bit we’ve seen to death), it’s by far the best of the film’s trailers so far.

With character beats for each of our leads – including an enticing glimpse at a decently bonkers Peter Sarsgaard – there’s also a ream of new stuff involving the Lanterns themselves.

The CGI also does seem to have been improved upon, though the Lantern costumes and creature effects still look shocking.

Check out the trailer below...

Giving us a better idea of the gravity of the threat facing Earth, as well as a few awesome-looking set pieces, this trailer could just have saved Green Lantern from the apathy currently surrounding it.

Still, certain niggles remain. The CG is still a little too plastic, while Blake Lively looks particularly vacant. Only time will tell if Warner Bros can turn Lantern into the hit they are so obviously desperate for.

Green Lantern opens 17 June.

Lit up? Or let down? What do you think of the latest footage from Lantern? Chuck us your comments below...

Comments

• BruceShark

May 5th 2011, 10:19

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. It still looks s**t.

• ChrisWootton

May 5th 2011, 10:26

Yeah, although Mark Strong looks pretty good.. film itself does still look a bit rubbish

• trist808

May 5th 2011, 11:00

I disagree, this is improving more and more as we get closer to release. The effects do still need some work but Warner Brothers have recently invested some extra moolah into tweeking things. I think it's gonna be a fun-packed adventure and worth the wait. Remember, it's Martin Campbell behind the camera, the man who succesfuuly re-booted James Bond ... TWICE! So I have faith this is gonna be an enjoyable entry into this summer's cannon of films. GL was always one of my fav DC characters, so perhaps I'm already leaning towards it more favourably than most, but it's looking better than it was 6 months ago.

• ScottFree

May 5th 2011, 11:01

so.....this is the end of Martin Campbell's directing carreer right?

• trist808

May 5th 2011, 11:04

Let's hope not :)

• nacho316

May 5th 2011, 11:19

@Bruce the shark, PMSL your right it still looks like c**p lol

May 5th 2011, 11:32

Hmmm one for a Sunday evening telly me thinks... to be fair on Campbell, the whole idea of a human using a lantern (!) and end up working for an inter-galactic UN was rubbish to begin with

• fuzzcaminski

May 5th 2011, 11:32

Honestly, I think kids are going to go mental for this! Aliens, superpowers, monsters! What's not to love? Okay, it's not going to win an Oscar but it looks so much fun

• KingofSpain

May 5th 2011, 12:16

The only CGI letting the movie down by the looks of it is the damn suit. Skarsgaard, Parallax, etc look really good. I think Warner is going to seriously regret going CGI with the suit, the mask especially.

• apo1978

May 5th 2011, 13:02

Looks awful. Feels like a mash-up of "Son Of The Mask", "Spy Kids", "Fantastic 4" and "Space Jam". Thats a bad mash-up....

• writerdave87

May 5th 2011, 13:26

The CGI looks a bit better but it still looks rubbish. Kingofspain has it bang on- the CGI suit just doesn't look real.

• therealeverton

May 5th 2011, 15:29

I have to be honest and say this actually takes me back a step. I was looking forward to the movie before the first trailer. Then I was in fear of having nobody to go with because it was a c**p trailer and put a lot of people off. Then the Wonder-con footage came out and things looked much more promising; but this new trailer seems to take a backwards step again. The power of the "oath scene" has been replaced with the lame humour again, cutting out the "lantern eyes" and hypnotic passing of the true oath to Jordan, just weakened it for me. I get the Fantastic Four reference, but to be fair to this film Warners have spent the money that cheapo Fox didn't (a good thing considering how awful the script etc was for FF") spend on Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer; and we get an idea of what Galactus' world eating, dust cloud thing would have looked like if it had cost a wee bit more than $2:15c. I hope the film is good, because unlike 90% of people who post on sites like Aintitcool I actually want films to be good and do well if they are entertaining. I'm just a little less convinced than I was when I woke up this morning.

• therealeverton

May 5th 2011, 15:29

May 5th 2011, 18:10

Looks like one giant green turd.

• Porkchopexpress

May 5th 2011, 18:49

I think the criticism of the CGI is unfair, in order to be faithful to the source material, everything has to have that hyper green look to it, which as a colour scheme really doesn't translate too well out of a comic book setting. For instance the very same reason the original costumes for 'X-Men' were discared in favour of leatehr suits for greater realism and suspension of disbelief. You can't really do that with the 'Green Lantern', it's all about the green, lots of green, sadly what works on the page looks a bit weird on the screen. If you think of green CGI it's 'Flubber', 'The Mask' and 'The Green Hornet', with 'Hulk' films as well, all of which, to be fair, were s**t. I don't envy the film makers, the story is fantastic for the 'Green Lantern' it's just a shame no one though to tone down the green, it looks like one big migraine...in 3D.

• Monkeynuts30

May 6th 2011, 1:11

@dalidab Seriously? You're not going to see Avengers because of Mark Ruffalo, who will most likely be the Hulk for 90% of his screen time? Sounds petty dude

• KingofSpain

May 6th 2011, 10:50

What he said. Not seeing the movie purely because a particular actor isn't to your tastes seems a bit odd considering that a) he'll be CGI most of the time, and b) the actor in question is actually very good and in my opinion is perfectly suited to the loner Bruce Banner role. Whereas the fine specimens of Bana and Norton would never realistically expose themselves to radiation, Ruffalo is the short, lazy eyed, chubby, scruffy looking (yet still loveable, crucial to Bruce Banner) social pariah who you can imagine taking such a risk. And if you still disagree, at least he looks a bit like Bill Bixby! I would love it if they did that in The Avengers movie, have that shot where he turns to camera and has the white eyes and sweaty brow!

• DanRose

May 6th 2011, 12:16

Mark Ruffalo was in Where the Wild Things for about 10 seconds... you can hardly judge anything on that.... well

May 7th 2011, 1:26

Only dalidab could hate Mark Ruffalo.