Sherlock Holmes trailer online

Watch the first promo here…

The first trailer for Guy Ritchie’s take on Sherlock Holmes has arrived online and you can watch it below.

So, how is it? Well, it’s certainly interesting. If the filmmakers were intending to create a rip-snorting blend of comedy, action and general Ritchie style, then bravo.

But if you’re expecting a traditional Sherlock Holmes adventure? Well, except for the names and the fact he’s on a case, move along, nothing to see here.

Still, Downey looks like top value as usual, and appears well matched with Jude Law’s slightly stuffy (but obviously handy when it comes to action) Watson.

The shirt-free Downey fight scene you’ve likely already seen in still pics form looks like a deleted scene from Snatch, but otherwise the film seems – on the evidence of this first trailer alone – like a lot of fun.

And Rachel McAdams rocks.

Give it a squint below and kindly register your thoughts on the comment section you shall find below.

Comments

• Bojangles17

May 19th 2009, 4:47

High Notes, Robert Downey Jr (as always) and the humour look like something I'll embrace, thoroughly. Low Notes, that shirtless fight scene already looks like the most annoying thing ever =/

• chicks

May 19th 2009, 8:03

Seconded. Looks ace, except from the shirtless fight scene.

• Rachie

May 19th 2009, 9:43

I think it looks like a lot of fun too. I think Downey Jr and McAdams make up for Jude Law being in it. Or maybe this is the movie which makes me like him?

• niannah

May 19th 2009, 9:47

Ha. The slash is strong with this one.

• serge

May 19th 2009, 14:05

Looks pretty good, lets hope it isn't the new League of Extroadinary Gentlemen.

• thedarkknight

May 19th 2009, 16:01

Serious Indiana Jones de ja vu concerning the big man and hammer scene :S

• pimpernel

May 19th 2009, 16:40

Well, it is NOT Sherlock Holmes. But, I'm sure as long as everyone bears that in mind, it'll be great! It looks hilarious. "Under this cushion lies the key to my release." LOL.

• annunziato

May 19th 2009, 20:12

SINCE RICHIE'S FIRST TWO MOVIES, HE'S MADE NOTHING BUT CACK. THIS LOOKS AS FAR REMOVED FROM A SHERLOCK HOLMES FILM AS POSSIBLE. IT DOES LOOK LIGHT HEARTED AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT BUT I WAS HOPING FOR A DARK THRILLER. HAVING SAID THAT, ONCE I KNEW RICHIE WAS MAKING THIS I KNEW IT WOULD TURN OUT AVERAGE AT BEST

• GrandiaKnight

May 27th 2009, 23:39

Not sure about the ending but the rest looks promising. Should be a laugh.