Shia LaBeouf Confirms Indy V Is 'Gearing Up'

Also confirms Wall Street sequel is titled 'Money Never Sleeps'

Shia LaBeoufhas confirmed that Indy V is off the ground, stating in a recent interview that 'Steven just said that he cracked the story on it, and I think they're gearing that up'.

'Steven' obviously being that Spielberg fellow, who directed the last year's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, in which LaBeouf starred as Mutt Williams, son of the eponymous archaeologist.

LaBeouf's character has been rumored to be taking over the reigns of the family business, namely bothering Commie-Nazis, though this is the first we've heard about a sequel.

Speaking to the BBC in an interview for the upcoming Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, LaBeouf gave no more details about the angle of the story Speilberg has in mind, but in stating that he 'cracked it', suggests that they have found the right direction for the film, but what that means for Harrison Ford and fans of the franchise only time will tell.

Also asked about working with Oliver Stone on the Wall Street sequel, the actor mentioned that the current title is Money Never Sleeps and that Stone is 'different to anything I've experienced'.

The title 'Money Never Sleeps' raised a few eyebrows in the TF office, because money never wakes either. Nor does it laugh, cry, sing or dance. It's inanimate. Apparently, money can hold you when youi're lonely however, as long as you make some sort of money-based harness.

Anyway. Excited about the prospect of more Indy? Not so excited? Leave us a comment.

For the full interview, click here to head over to the Beeb.

Comments

• Schwin

Jun 16th 2009, 15:53

Sweet baby jesus!!! The Beards really do go out of their way to completely destroy their past glorious master pieces. Surely Jaws is soon destined to be completely destroyed sometime soon with a prequel or a sequel, in which we discovered the shark is actually an intelligent alien being.

• conorm

Jun 16th 2009, 16:20

I agree, it sounds a bit strange that they would make another Indiana Jones film. I liked Crystal Skull a lot more than others (apart from that daft ending), but i think its run its course. As good an actor as Shia LaBeouf is, i don't think he should take over from Harrison Ford, they are worlds apart. Come on Speilberg, stop listening to Geroge Lucas and come up with a fresh franchise...

• conorm

Jun 16th 2009, 16:23

I agree, i think its a bit strange to be doing another Indiana Jones film. I like Crystal Skull a lot more than others (apart from that daft ending), but i think its run its course. As good an actor as Shia LaBeouf is, i don't think he should replace Harrison Ford, they are worlds apart. Come on Mr Speilberg, stop listening to George Lucas and come up with a fresh franchise

• mattburgess

Jun 16th 2009, 17:25

I just can't seem to do anything except make the most of this. Love Indiana Jones *SO* *SO* much, so any chance to see him in action again is great. It would be great if they could forget about "the kids" and get back to the gritty, great stories of the originals. But Shia LaBeouf doesn't EVER need to return to the movie franchise. That's all I ask! Is that too much???

• NickyC

Jun 16th 2009, 18:14

I have nothing against Shia LaBeouf, but he always just plays himself. I'm more interested in the Wall Street movie to see him playing a character. I couldn't tell between Sam Whitwicky or Mutt Whatisface. It's all just Beef. If I was his agent, I'd caution against overexposure and make sure his next slate has character work in it. But that's just me.

• Venus

Jun 16th 2009, 20:40

I think I'll definitely be giving this one a miss. I was sorely disappointed with Crystal Skull, not just the terrible ending, but from the get go. The film felt very gimmicky, and I actually expected that in the first scene it would turn out that Indy was starring in a film within the film, but alas. As for Shia, I obviously can't judge his acting ability from just this film as CK is all I've seen him in. But honsetly, all I noticed from him was that he was crying in pretty much every scene, but to what purpose? Does Hollywood seriously have nothing original to tell anymore?

• joeymac

Jun 16th 2009, 22:45

Crystal Skull was utter cack so i expect even less from Indy V. But while we suckers keep shelling out to see these damned awful franchise continuations, the film makers and studios will keep churning them out.

• yosarian25

Jun 17th 2009, 3:22

maybe they realised how bad the last one was and just want to redeem themselves. And in fairness Crystal Skull wasn't all bad, there were parts of it that were really good. Plus, just in case anybody forgot, temple of doom was s**t so maybe it suffers an even number curse.

• Law818

Jun 17th 2009, 15:10

So many bad sequels, dismal remakes, and a general laziness from Hollywood! We need more original ideas, so that this generation can have their OWN films to identify with and cherish. Found an awesome parody video on youtube about Hollywood remakes called "The Real Psycho Transformer"... it's two movie theater employees spewing anger at the industry to the tune of Eminem's "The Real Slim Shady"... it's actually BRILLIANT. Especially the very last line of the video. Priceless. Link here: http://is.gd/14tBJ

• junalapag

Jun 19th 2009, 15:53

i find very cool. i believe this is the last indy i should enjoy and hopefully collect this indy 5 with my other indy movies.i hope it comes out great when i see the trailer and title. LET THE INDY 5 "BEGIN"!

• liamegan

Mar 3rd 2010, 14:32

To Schwin about the Jaws comment: Can I introduce you to Jaws 2, Jaws 3D and best of all Jaws: The Revenge, where the shark manages to make a boat explode with his death.