Source Code to become TV series

Quantum Leap 2012, anyone?

CBC has picked up the rights to Duncan Jones' magnificent Source Code, and is aiming turn turn it into a weekly telly series.

The pitch is as follows: “Three former federal agents who are part of a top-secret program use Source Code technology to jump into the consciousness of people involved in tragic events.”

Which sounds a lot like Quantum Leap meets… Quantum Leap.

As well as Quantum Leap, we imagine it'll probably reference Quantum Leap, Quantum Leap and Quantum Leap.

Which is fine by us. Especially if Scott Bakula has a regular role (he did cameo in the movie, after all), ideally reprising his Sam Beckett character. Who, you may remember, appeared in Quantum Leap. Quantum Leap.

Mark Gordon (Grey’s Anatomy, Criminal Minds) will produce and Steve Maeda (Lost, Lie to Me) will head up the writing team, and they'll be aiming to get it on screens in 2012.

Let's hope it's as good as Quantum Leap. We love Quantum Leap.

Have we got it wrong? Does this sound completely different to Quantum Leap? Tell us!

Comments

• fipthetop

Sep 16th 2011, 12:04

Hmmmm . . . could be good if done well - I don't think a one episode, one story format would work well. If they had one story, four episodes for example, they could develop the story line. SPOILER ALERT!! Also the film ended hinting at the fact that they had created a time paradox / alternative reality. This could get very confusing over the course of multiple story lines

• chaosdefined

Sep 16th 2011, 12:38

Why is Hollywood making TV series of good, stand alone movies? Taken, Source Code, even the Transporter?! (I'm ignoring the sequels on that one.)

• fipthetop

Sep 16th 2011, 12:51

I also saw an advert for what looked like a tv series of the film the Craft - 90s classic turned into a teen angst version of charmed!

• Siban1982

Sep 16th 2011, 12:55

Thought Source Code was ok but nothing to shout about. I think a series could go either way, either good or just terrible. Guess we'll have to wait and see but I'm not overly excited by the concept.

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Sep 16th 2011, 12:56

Scott Bakula had a cameo in Source Code? Where, when?

• KingofSpain

Sep 16th 2011, 13:00

Wait a darn tootin' minute! Scott Bakula was in Source Code?? I never spotted him! DAMN.

• QuietLife

Sep 16th 2011, 13:20

The legend that is Scott Bakula was the voice of Jake's Father (he even squeezed in a classic "Oh, boy"!) I too was slightly underwhelmed with my first viewing of Source Code, however I am already getting the itch to watch it again which is always a good sign. Scott Bakula deserves to be on-screen as much as possible so I hope this does come to fruition.

• Monkeynuts30

Sep 21st 2011, 8:50

Hmmm, I think I'm gonna have to say Quantum Leap Yeah, Quantum Leap. Quantum Leap. Quantum Leap. Quantum Leap.