Stan Lee confirms he has a cameo in Spider-Man reboot

“It’s the best one yet”

stan lee

Comic book writer Stan Lee has been making cameos in Marvel movies for nigh on over a decade now. And he’s apparently set to continue that trend with the new Spider-Man movie.

While carrying out his usual daily Twitter rounds, the Spidey creator revealed that his cameo for Marc Webb's Spider-Man is all set up, and it’s “the most unusual one yet”.

“It's been an exciting week for me,” he writes, “but I got a phone call last night that really flipped me out! I'm bustin' to tell you about it. My pal Avi Arad, producer of the new Spider-Man movie, called to tell me how excited he is about the film.

“Then came the surprise - Avi told me my cameo is all set for Spidey 4, and when he described it, I realised it's the best, most unusual one yet! I wish I could tell you what my cameo is, but that would kill the surprise. But I'll tell you this much - I'm finally in an action scene!”

We’re not sure anything can beat Lee’s appearance as Hugh Hefner in Iron Man 2, but we’re still looking forward to spotting him when Spider-Man swings into cinemas next July.

Which is your favourite Lee cameo? Tell us below...

Comments

• ChrisWootton

Jan 11th 2011, 9:22

He always says "it's the best one yet". Be quiet you fool

• KingofSpain

Jan 11th 2011, 9:33

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but Stan never appeared in any of the X-Men movies??

• nacho316

Jan 11th 2011, 10:06

Think he was in x3 mowing the lawn when they go to see jean grey cant remember if it's when she was a kid or if it was when she goes back as an adult but think he's there

• joshwinning

Jan 11th 2011, 10:10

Lee was in X-Men as a hot dog vendor, and X3 as 'Waterhose Man'.

• ChroniC2805

Jan 11th 2011, 10:15

Mr Lee played hugh Hefner in Iron Man 1 in Iron Man 2 he played Larry King

• KingofSpain

Jan 11th 2011, 12:11

I never spotted that X-Men cameo - I guess because it's more subtle, it being the first Marvel movie of the era and all, he had yet to start building a reputation for cameos. At the rate he's going, by the time we reach Iron Man 3 Stan's going to be playing the main villain!