Star Wars: Episode VII cast announced

Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis & more!

The cast for Star Wars: Episode VII has finally been announced.

Not only that, but we have our first picture of the cast together!

The press release, published on StarWars.com reads:

"Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

That is one amazing cast right there - consider us right on board.

Star Wars: Episode VII opens worldwide on 18 December 2015.

Comments

• moviemind91

Apr 29th 2014, 17:11

Could not be happier with this casting. Let's all hope they make one hell of a movie. Good luck guy, and may the force be with you.

• RidleyS91

Apr 29th 2014, 17:14

Max von Sydow? Oscar Isaac? Andy Serkis? Hell yeah!! What a great cast (missing Benedict Cumberbatch though, he would have been a great Sith lord... even if he copied his performance as Khan)! Don't want to sound like a fanboy or anything... but I trust Abrams... this movie will kick a*s (even if I'm more of a Trek fan than Star Wars)

• moviemind91

Apr 29th 2014, 17:29

I have watched a few clips of Adam Driver in different performances and there is something about him that makes me feel as though he is going to be a great villain. He has strong presence and the right voice for the role.

• endofdays2

Apr 29th 2014, 17:45

Good news, hell of a cast.

• trist808

Apr 29th 2014, 17:49

Excellent cast list (so far) ... thank you JJ, I am officially excited by the prospect of new Star Wars again :)

• Benmorse

Apr 29th 2014, 18:06

Yup, seconded. SO excited to see what John Boyega does. He's great.

• jacobfinlay

Apr 29th 2014, 18:32

a strong cast nothing to fault from who I've seen (haven't seen adam driver in anything but I've heard he's really good) only slight nitpick is that I wish they'd gone for a few more unknowns like the original cast were at the time, now gotta start guessing which characters they match up with

Apr 29th 2014, 19:17

Andy Serkis and Max Von Sydow.........excuse me while I take off my clothes and run naked through the streets with joy.

• GarthMarenghi

Apr 29th 2014, 22:37

So nice to visit the enthusiastic Total Film community and see how warmly this news has been received. Makes a pleasant change from all the angry JJ-haters whingeing about it everywhere else on the internet. Honestly, if you don't like him or Star Wars, why would you waste your time reading articles about a Star Wars film he's directing?