Deleted scenes from Star Wars original trilogy trailed online

Luke's cyber hand and lots of sand on show

A sneak preview of deleted scenes from the original Star Wars trilogy has been released online.

The clips from the original movies (Episodes IV, V and VI) will be included when the series makes its much-anticipated debut on Blu-ray.

The brief montage can be seen in the video below.

Fox has also confirmed that fans who pre-order Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will receive a limited edition Star Wars film cell.

Each cell is numbered and contains a unique 35mm film frame reproduced from the original footage using “state-of-the-art imaging and printing techniques”.

Star Wars is released on Blu-ray in the UK on 12 September by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.

Will you be buying Star Wars again when it comes out on Blu-ray? Tell us below in whichever of C-3PO's six million forms of communication you prefer.

Comments

• Gav83

Jul 25th 2011, 21:50

On the one hand, it makes me sick that they're still milking this cash-cow, what with 3D conversions coming soon, now BluRay and a live action show at some stage. On the other I'm giddy like a school girl and can't frickin' wait!

• trist808

Jul 25th 2011, 22:25

I know what you mean, I'm the same! Damn Lucas and His Beard!! Okay, re-release the films in 3D, fine, but at least do it in the right order ... Episode I: THE PHANTOM MENACE next April??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So the prequel trilogy comes first? What's the point in that? Anyone new to the series will know all the major revelations coming in the original trilogy ... the big scene in Empire means nothing now, the kiss between Luke and Leia suddenly has other implications (ewwww!) .. I mean, really, if FOX want to open Star Wars up to a new generation who've never seen them in the cinema (including the prequels) ... do the originals (AND I MEAN THE ORGINALS!!! Greedo doesn't bloody shoot first!), in the order we geek-boys originally saw them ... so a whole new generation can experience how majestic and amazing the first three truly were ... before being smacked in the face with the "muff cabbage" that are the prequels and descend into misery as the series continues and feel just like the rest of us! :-s

• daskoyne

Jul 25th 2011, 23:42

Muff cabbage? Thats the best phrase I've heard all year

• ChrisWootton

Jul 26th 2011, 10:33

You know, my house got robbed a few years back and my star wars trilogy was stolen. I haven't replaced it and don't think I will... the prequels were so bad and the constant re releases have actually diminished the quality of them in my opinion... never thought I'd ever say that I am finally bored of Star Wars. Congrats Lucas, you've officially killed it for me.

• watershipbrakey

Jul 26th 2011, 10:41

trist808 - you know Fox has nothing to do with this! And fan boy geek rants aside, I'm afraid that the younger generation prefer the prequel trilogy! I can't get my kids to watch any of the original ones over the new ones, and that's only if I can get them away from the Clone Wars! Their school mates are the same - it's all about Episode 3 for them, and who can blame them - the opening sequence is awesome, the lightsaber fight at the end is awesome and they bloomin' love Grievous. As for the 3D versions - the prequel trilogy will look excellent, the original trilogy will need some serious work done to make the dogfights etc. look good. More CGI tinkering required I think. And I don't care a jot. Han shooting first aside, he can tweak as much as he wants in my opinion. I've had the set on pre-order from day one and I can't wait. I saw the clip a few days ago and it looks amazing...you will not believe how excited I got when I saw R2 legging it from the Wampa! It's always been in my brain that it happened but I have no idea why, the same for an extended Bacta tank scene and Luke getting stuck in his speeder when it crashes...I have no idea why I have the memories, they're just there. Can't wait.

Jul 26th 2011, 10:46

This is the guy who turned Indiana Jones into a laughing stock. Steven Spielbeg 'loved' OSCAR-NOMINATED Frank Darabonts screenplay and was all set to do it but Lucas (in a pique of jealousy) stepped in and vetoed the whole project in favour of his own 'idea'. Result? CGI gophers, Nuke-proof fridge, CGI snake. CGI monkeys, CGI ants, CGI ALIENS! All this and Shia laboef. Legacy in tatters...

• trist808

Jul 26th 2011, 12:42

FOX own both the home entertainment and theatrical rights to distribute Star Wars, so they do have a lot to with it :)

• DanRose

Jul 26th 2011, 12:48

Never got the hype about Star Wars... Appreciate how as a youngster though at a cinema screening of Star Wars it would have been amazing...It was all about the Matrix as an 18 year old that actually blew me away...... that aside, the prequels for Star Wars are embarrassing and hadouken pretty much sums up Indiana Jones' problems... We live in an age now where the experience has been removed by money and other influences... here is hoping Super 8 can bring back some magic

• trist808

Jul 26th 2011, 12:49

Eee by gum these kids today, they know nowt! Although that said, The Clone Wars animated series is one of the good things to come out of the prequel trilogy, it is a very good series, but I guess the new generation of kids prefer heartless CGI and no characterisation in their films nowadays rather than good film-making. Times change.

• Frankie88

Jul 26th 2011, 15:47

I'll just take an opportunity to praise Genndy Tartakovsky for making Clone Wars series - it is absolutely brilliant! Man, I wish third parties like that could make more stuff about the universe.

• watershipbrakey

Jul 26th 2011, 18:50

You know what I mean trist808, Fox merely distribute - they have no say in the content or the make up of the releases. It's 100% Lucas and Fox are just happy for so many pay days!

• ChrisWootton

Jul 27th 2011, 11:46

f**k you Lucas.. check this out http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14287864

• leecollins

Jul 27th 2011, 21:36

Anythign released will be far inferior to fan-produced content already on the web. Namely 'Star Wars Revisited' and the Deleted Magic / Building Empire / Return to Jedi documentaries. With regards to the 'new' SW movies.... Check out Red Letter Media' and you will NEVER watch them again....