Star Wars spin-offs to include Han Solo and Boba Fett movies

And more old characters to follow

Just 24 hours after Disney CEO Bob Iger confirmed the studio’s plans to make a series of spin-off Star Wars movies, more details have emerged surrounding the characters who will be involved.

Entertainment Weekly reports that plans are afoot for a pair of movies to focus on Boba Fett and Han Solo respectively, with both stories taking place in and around the timeline of the original trilogy.

The outlet describes the stories as, “a young Han Solo saga, focusing on the wisecracking smuggler’s origin story, and a bounty hunter adventure with Boba Fett at the centre of a rogue’s gallery of galactic scum.”

The Solo adventure is thought to take place sometime after the events of Revenge Of The Sith, while the Boba Fett story will be set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.

Sounds like Disney are looking to get plenty of mileage out of the franchise they broke the bank to acquire. In the meantime, Star Wars Episode VII is expected to arrive in cinemas in 2015.

Are you interested in the proposed spin-offs? Tell us, below!

Comments

Feb 7th 2013, 10:18

How many spin offs before the cow is finally dry?

Feb 7th 2013, 11:39

Michae Fassbender for Han Solo.

• markzavarise

Feb 7th 2013, 13:52

Screw the haters, they will be the first in-line...Disney is gonna kick a*s with all these like they are doing with marvel, this is not a milking thing its a brand new cow,,,i for one can not wait t see a bobba fett movie, i have been playing one in my head since i was 5. A han solo movie will be cool too.(go read the book scoundrels if you think different)..and when i see old luke skywalker a la ben kenobi in episode 7 its goning be great. You don't spen 4 billion to make a bunch of movies no one wants to see...These are going to be good and i know that Hadouken76 will be there opening day...so will all of you.

• Indianabones

Feb 7th 2013, 14:30

Not sure you are completely correct Mark, but I guess most will give the first outing a chance as most cinema goers do! but Lucas has milked it to a point where most are skeptical, the prequels plus and very poor showing for the 3D movies (only one I would have paid to see is Empire) I do have faith in Disney after the Marvel Movies so yes I'll be there. Not sure about the Fett Movie after Jango and lil Boba ruined it. go back to the original Fett voice and keep the mask on and I'll be there. Fassbender for Solo! maybe if the did sequels directly after, otherwise he's too old to play a young solo.

• markzavarise

Feb 7th 2013, 15:34

I hated the prequels.. I will not take that hate with me to these...

• williamrochelle

Feb 11th 2013, 20:22

The main difference will be movies made by people who love Star Wars as opposed to a creator with ambivalence about the stewardship of his creation. Rodriguez would be at the top of my list for directing and even writing a Han Solo film, given his whimsical and kinetic style and the sense of cool his Mariachi flicks have. Give him the keys to the Falcon. Who would play Han? 1. Anthony Ingruber (check youtube) 2. Sean William Scott, I don't know how old Sean Patrick Flanery is now; maybe he can do 40-something Indy after Indy 5 is done and Ford retires.