Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot gets writers

Mission: Impossible 4 scribes land the gig

teenage mutant ninja turtles

Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol scribes Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec have been hired to pen a new live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

A Turtles reboot has long been in the offing, with Iron Man scribes Art Marcum and Matt Holloway originally hired to pen the reboot, which Michael Bay and Platinum Dunes are producing

The last big screen incarnation of the shelled heroes came in the form of 2007’s somewhat disappointing CGI TMNT.

Before that, the last live-action Turtles film rolled out in 1993, and received a severe critical lashing. Which could explain why the turtles have been hiding in their shells for almost 20 years.

Here’s hoping that Appelbaum and Nemec are more successful.

Cowabunga! Or crudtastic? Looking forward to the TMNT reboot? Or would you rather just rewatch the '90s movies? Tell us below...

Comments

• jamiehalus

Jun 8th 2011, 19:30

dalidab, holy c**p dude, this isn't a bloggin site. Keep em short and simple :-P

Jun 9th 2011, 0:42

This films had more reboots than Windows Vista...

• Monkeynuts30

Jun 9th 2011, 1:33

holy c**p, I think the only thing missing from Dalidab's version is Leatherhead. How could you overlook the nastiest, orneriest sumb***h south of dixie? I garauntee he ain't gon' be happy wid jou forgettin' him boy. Not sure I like many of your ideas sorry dali but I do like the idea of seeing Yojimbo in it at some stage.

• writerdave87

Jun 9th 2011, 4:28

Dalidab you seriously need to get laid. And some punctuation. But I agree with you and Monkeynuts, I'd love to see Usagi Yojimbo in there (in fact I'd love a Usagi Yojimbo film set in the correct timeframe, period!).

• writerdave87

Jun 9th 2011, 14:14

Step away from the sugar dude.

• SiMan

Jun 9th 2011, 16:42

I do hope this series gets a proper re-boot. That image at the top of the page has sold it for me already. If they can focus on the fact that this is about four teenage ninja's first and foremost, then they should be able to make a kick-a*s film. Granted, the fact that they are mutant turtle ninja's means that a good proportion of the story will focus on that, but if the underlying theme of the film is purely about them being young ninjas it could be amazing. But no CGI please. Guy in a suit is just fine.