The Avengers take Manhattan in Central Park shoot

Plus action on another New York set

Shooting for Marvel's The Avengers has now moved to New York and this weekend saw filming in Central Park and on a specially built set.

As throughout the Cleveland shoot there are plenty of images to excite the fanboys and girls, with most of the cast popping up in scenes.

Stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston and Mark Ruffalo can all be seen in the papped shots.

Superhero Hype has lots more images - including plenty of Scarlett Johansson - in its online album of NY shots.

Joss Whedon's The Avengers opens 4 May 2012.

Photos copyright: WENN

Happy to see a film actually using a New York location rather than heading off to Vancouver to fake it? And is it good to see so many of the superteam in one location? Tell us below!

Comments

• ObiMart76

Sep 5th 2011, 1:11

Hmmm, Team America 2 anyone?? "....America! F*** Yeah...!..." Bring on Batman 3 is all I can say....

• FBALee

Sep 5th 2011, 3:16

LOOOOOOVE the shots of Hawkeye. Am I the only person most stoked for him? I freaked out during his cameo in Thor. And Jeremy Renner is amazing, so I hope he actually gets a fair amount of screen time.

• sergal

Sep 5th 2011, 5:42

S.J. is stolen biological material, taken against will and formed to clones line 200 pieces total. Sign of dangerous criminal activity. Original Scarlett Galabekian future pediatrician doctor, pediatrician nurse license she obtained in 2008

Sep 5th 2011, 10:33

Black Widow has to the most boring Avenger... kung-fu in a catsuit? Emma Peel, Catwoman, Selene,.

• KingofSpain

Sep 5th 2011, 15:19

@dalidab1982 - Ruffalo is going to blow all other Banner's out of the water. He looks to have shed at least 2 stone for the role and is a really humanising and endearing actor - perfect for the role. And he looks like he might have a brain cell or two which helps when playing a scientist. As for what's in the brief case (SPOILER ALERT) it's the Cosmic Cube as seen in Thor and Captain America and rumour has it these photo leaks of the entire team plus Loki are from the final scene of the script.

Sep 5th 2011, 16:46

+1 Hadouken.

• CapsGirl23

Sep 5th 2011, 18:30

I am so excited, I love seeing them all together!! I am hella anxious to see more Hawkeye, I can't wait, I think Renner will be great! It's also great to see Thor in his armor again. I enjoy Hemsworth's arms, don't get me wrong, but there is just something about Thor in his armor that is so bad a*s!

• TheDRQ

Sep 5th 2011, 20:45

I believe we can easily trust this movie to be a good one and not because of the cast, but mostly because Joss Whedon's direction. From Buffy to Angel to Firefly/Serenity, Whedon has proven masterfully that he can handle a story full of many varied characters. Also he knows how to make things light and serious at the same time; a rare gift indeed. As for The Bruce Banner situation, Edward Norton didn't want to do it, so oh well.

• mrblonde

Sep 5th 2011, 22:07

From mostly everything I've seen of this so far, I'm still very optimistic that it will be a great film! The only thing I'm not completely sold on at the moment is Captain America's new costume. I loved his costume in The First Avenger, but don't think the new one works quite as well as the rest of the teams costumes and could have been a shade or two darker. However, I wasn't too keen on the new Amazing Spiderman suit either, when I first see it, but after watching footage from that film, I thought it looks really good! I'm sure the same will apply to Cap's costume, when I see some finished footage from the film! Also, I wish that Ed Norton was still playing Bruce Banner. I think Mark Ruffalo is a very talented actor and I'm sure that he will do an excellent job, but my personal preference would be to have Norton still in the role, as I thought he did a fantastic job in The Incredible Hulk. Those minor quibbles aside, I think the film is shaping up to be something special and I can't wait to see the finished product!

• KingofSpain

Sep 6th 2011, 11:35

Well the entire cast seem to have a great camaraderie on and off set - do you think that would be the case if Norton was still in the role? Doubt it. It's a team game, a team movie, and Norton isn't a team player. Plus, Downey campaigned for Ruffalo to get the role and after one meeting with Norton, Whedon kicked him to the curb. There's an on set clip of Ruffalo, Johansen and Renner filming their last scene and Ruffalo is just oozing Bruce Banner - he must have lost at least 2 stone for the role and he's even got Bill Bixby's hair! Ruffalo has the natural vulnerability and loner quality that is at the core of Bruce Banner. I'm pretty confident that by the end of The Avengers the audience will be crying for a sequel to The Incredible Hulk, starring Mark Ruffalo.

• trist808

Sep 6th 2011, 15:15

I'd love to see that happen ... for continuity's sake, it would be nice to see the same actor playing Banner more than once. Whether it's a sequel in the form of The Incredible Hulk 2, or the proposed TV series, I hope Ruffalo gives a good enough performance to warrant reprising the role. And I'd like to see Tim Blake Nelson return as Sterns in the sequel/TV series as well, only powered up as The Leader of course :-)