If you’re still reading this, you’re either deeply troubled, have lost your medication and need to find your panic button now – or, like us at totalfilm.com, you’re simply a fan of The Dude. (If you’re the former, seriously, call the authorities).
Friday 5 May sees the arrival of The Dude Abides - a feast of bowling and Lebowski-flavoured fun, including dressing up as characters from the movie.
As totalfilm.com were informed by a contact known only as El Duderino, “Every year, for one night only, an army of gold-breasted Vikings, spandex suited Nihilists and Uzi-wielding Vietnam Vets descend on Streatham Megabowl in celebration of the Coen brother's classic film. Last year the bowling prevailed for 5 hours during which time more than 200 pints of milk were consumed in a frenzy of White Russian cocktails.”
You have to admit, it sounds like it knocks the brown stuff out of a Deep Space Nine convention.
Purchase a ticket and you’ll receive:
- Unlimited bowling from 9pm - 1am
- White Russians for FREE! Each lane will have their own bottle of Kahlua, bottle of vodka plus free milk from the bar
- As part of the Larry Sellers Homework Competition, every lane will be given a real piece of homework done by a real-life 15-year-old brat to correct, annotate and deface at your leisure. The most amusing corrections will be scanned and put on the website.
- The Big Lebowski Quiz will separate the Nihilists from the Treehorns, as will the hotly contested Costume Competition.
- Shoe Hire
- It may not beat the 'In and Out' burger but you also get a free meal from the Megabowl cafe.
- Attendance is confirmed by sending bowlers a toe in the post!
If you’d like further information, click here to register on The Dude Abides website (they'll then send you info on how to book). And remember - don’t let your toe slip over the line…
Source: (Dude Abides)