Is this The Dark Knight Rises Batsuit?

First look at possible new costume

The first image of what could be the new suit from The Dark Knight Rises has appeared online.

The image comes from the Licensing International Expo, the same place where yesterday’s Avengers poster was spotted.

The Expo brings together all the different upcoming films so they can network with brands and come up with toys and other stuff to sell to kids.

Upon first examination there isn’t much change, but on closer inspection you’ll see that the suit has more of a grey colour to it than previous versions.

The panelling on it suggests that they’ve adjusted it to become more flexible as well.

It’s nothing like the change from Batman Begins to The Dark Knight, where they created a suit much more suited to jumping and fighting around Gotham City.

See the full image below:

The Dark Knight Rises opens on 20 July 2012.

Buy Batman Begins / The Dark Knight on DVD and Blu-ray: The Dark Knight / Batman Begins (Double Pack) [Blu-ray] | The Dark Knight - 2-Disc Batmask Ltd Edition [DVD] | Batman - The Dark Knight - Premium Collection [Blu-ray] | The Dark Knight (2 Discs) [Blu-ray] | Batman: Arkham Asylum [PS3 / Xbox 360 | PC DVD] | Pre-order Arkham City [PS3/Xbox360]

Batsuit? Or crap shoot? Let us know…

Comments

• nkutzler

Jun 15th 2011, 13:56

I have yet to find an actual difference. This is the Dark Knight suit. The grey is just a result of lighting- it reflects differently off of the armor than the material used underneath. It has the same designs- can't you see the spereation of plates, the scarab blades, the distinct emblem on the chest, the original utility belt?

• nkutzler

Jun 15th 2011, 13:56

• nkutzler

Jun 15th 2011, 13:56

• nkutzler

Jun 15th 2011, 13:56

• nkutzler

Jun 15th 2011, 13:58

The repeat was my bad. definitely my fault.

• mcghater

Jun 15th 2011, 15:38

im guessing you are yet to find a difference

• mrblonde

Jun 15th 2011, 15:44

It does look just like TDK suit and if they're are any changes, they are so minor, that they don't even register as alterations. I was always more of a fan of the BB suit, as I much preferred the Jim Lee-esque Bat emblem on the chest and the overall more simplistic design of that suit. I do really like this suit though and am glad that they haven't decided to make much (if any) alterations to it, just for the sake of it. The costume I most want to see is Catwomans and to see how Nolan and co are going to interpret her, into the final part of his Batman trilogy.

• mrblonde

Jun 15th 2011, 15:49

In the comment above, I meant to write, if "there are" instead of "they're are", which doesn't make any sense!

• RAND0Mpirate

Jun 15th 2011, 23:54

I'll have to watch TDK(I'm one of the few who didn't like it) again, but I think the chestplate and abdomen armor look a little different.

• fnaph

Jun 16th 2011, 0:49

It looks like they may have simplified some of the armour plating but I can't see them making the suit grey, that's probably just lighting. The only reason it's grey in the comics is because having a main character that's dressed entirely in black is a massive ball-ache illustration/repro wise. Bats are black after all and making the suit grey would probably detract from alot of the shots they're almost guaranteed to have of him just visible in shadows or silhouetted against the sky.

• Siban1982

Jun 20th 2011, 18:43

Don't care, I have complete confidence in Nolan. It's going to be amazing.

• JosuaJames

Aug 4th 2011, 15:50

i hope they put some yellow on bat-symbol cause bat signal no longer exist, above suit similar from the dark knight