The Dark Knight Rises gets a new Bane poster

The Legend Ends…

As the prologue prepares to storm IMAX screenings of Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, The Dark Knight Rises has scored a new poster.

This one puts the big bad, Tom Hardy's Bane, front and centre, and things aren't looking too good for Batman.

Not only is there that ominous tagline ('The Legend Ends'), but in the foreground we can see Bats' cowl smashed into shards. And it's raining, which is never nice.

So, is Bane actually going to break the Bat in this trilogy-closer? All signs are currently indicating yes.

Check out the poster in full here:

The Dark Knight Rises opens on 20 July 2012.

Are you unbelievably excited for TDKR, or sad that the franchise is coming to an end? Let it all out below…

Comments

• FBBDuke

Dec 11th 2011, 11:32

didnt bane break batmans back in the graphic novels ?

• JamieTSB

Dec 11th 2011, 11:43

Yes he did, in the brilliant series Knightfall. Well worth a read if you can get hold of a copy.

• JamieTSB

Dec 11th 2011, 11:50

IF Bane were to break Batman as a finale, I'm not sure Mr Nolan would want it put on the poster....I suggest this is more likely to be a 'false' ending, like the arrest of Joker in TDK. Really looking forward to this one, especially now that we are getting official leaks as opposed to the grainy photos that have been coming out for months.

• anant

Dec 11th 2011, 13:40

good poster, but this film is making me nervous, i mean how can any film live up to the dark knight? and even if it is as good as batman begins, will we be able to except that? personally i might hate this one just because it isn't as good as the dark knight, thats how much i love that film and neither the role of bane nor tom hardy can be as good as joker or heath ledger. and besides is it fair for the fans that these people are promoting this film six months before its release? i dont think i can wait that long! i know in nolan we trust, but after inception and dont know what to except, inception was not a bad film but it wasnt very good either.

• FBCMartin

Dec 11th 2011, 13:48

Wow, looks epic

• Tarantino3011

Dec 11th 2011, 15:34

THIS LOOKS EPIC!!!

• Toursiveu

Dec 11th 2011, 16:03

Cool poster, can't wait for the film but... something's wrong with that tagline : "The Dark Knight Rises" BUT "the legend ends"... Isn't that a little confusing?

• Peachy556

Dec 11th 2011, 16:08

This looks so sick. I had a dream last night that I watched half of the Dark knight Rises and f****d Rihanna, I doubt it will even compare to how awesome TDKR will be. When I look at this I get the same feeling I got seeing the trailer for TDK where the joker flips the truck: how can Batman beat this evil ? Can't wait, in Nolan we trust

• marc96

Dec 11th 2011, 18:13

@Toursiveu maybe the legend ends with his death and then his rising is him floating to little old heaven lol i cannot wait to see this film although im a little worried, not because i dont have faith in Tom Hardy... but because i have so much faith in him, with Heath Ledger i thought he was going to fail and couldnt see him as joker, and i was glad to eat my words after seeing his performance, but with Tom hardy i think i may have too much confidence in his ability as an actor that he wont live up to it... kind of like watching the hangover 2 after seeing the first movie (btw im not comparing the hangover with batman lol)

• badger86

Dec 11th 2011, 20:34

@Tourisiveu - i wouldn't say it's confusing, if you go back to the first film when bruce is blabbing on about 'becoming more than a man' and creating a legend who fights against evil doer's then perhaps the tagline is suggesting that if bane does indeed kick the s**t out of bat's then Gotham will see that he IS just a man...and so the legend ends...if that makes sense, the dark knight will still rise, but he will no longer be the infallible, untouchable mythic figure which was so important in his crusade against Gotham's less than friendly citizens...or it could just mean it's the end of the trilogy, in Nolan we trust.

• willow138

Dec 11th 2011, 23:30

@anant Inception was sick! But each to their own I guess hun. Also WOW at this poster soooooooooooooooo tingly about this! Hardy will be amazing! I love Heath but I feel his performance was made out to be better than it was because of his death soon after filming. I do think he was a legendary Joker don't get me wrong but all those saying that Hardy wont come close to his performance need just sit back and enjoy the ride that Hardy will no doubt take us on! he will be EPIC

• bachchan

Dec 12th 2011, 0:17

iI do not doubt for a minute that TDKR will be anything other than an amazing experience, cementing this as the defining trilogy for this generation. All due respect to Star Wars and LOTR, but Nolan's Batman series is very much a product of our times as much as it is an escapist fantasy, and therefore much more grounded in the real world than orcs or ewoks. I saw Warrior earlier this year, and there is no doubt in my mind that Tom Hardy's Bane will be all MMA fighter spliced with a dash of Bronson, and be every bit Batman's equal in much the same way that Heath Ledger's Joker was his twisted reflection. Of course, I could be wrong and the movie may be utter rubbish, but I have got my fingers crossed. In Nolan We Trust...

• aleks989

Dec 12th 2011, 0:25

Every little bit of official info I get on the TDKR is making my soul scream from excitement. On July 20th 2012, after getting out from the theater, we won't know what hit us !!! In Nolan We Trust...

• anant

Dec 12th 2011, 4:12

@willow138 even i liked inception don't get me wrong, but lets say it was nolan's least brilliant film, hardy and nolan will be brilliant in tdkr, but consider everything that is riding on them. firstly i think u would agree that joker just as a character is much more complex than bane and no man heath's was just electrifying in just every scene, regardless of his death, i mean i saw dark knight yesterday and was still blown away by his performance, but i must confess i am prejudiced because dark knight is my favorite film. having said that i will judge the film as an individual and won't compare it to dark knight. enough of the doubting already, in nolan we trust!!

Dec 12th 2011, 9:43

Mark Hamill is the best Joker. Sorry.

• demmike

Dec 12th 2011, 12:11

I can almost picture Joker sitting in his cell in Arkham, laughing as he learns of what Bane is doing to Gotham and Batman.

• SiMan

Dec 12th 2011, 19:10

I wonder if it will end up being someone else getting 'broken' rather than Batman? - in the teaser, Commissioner Gordon doesn't look to be in the best of health. Could he be the one who's taken a beating from Bane? I also doubt the film will end in anyway that does not leave it open for a follow-up. I know its going to be Nolan (and Bale's) last one, but would the studio really allow such a hot franchise to be tied up after 3 films? surely there's scope for more stories? I personally would love to see how the character of Robin could be worked into a more grounded version of this super-hero story.

• SiMan

Dec 12th 2011, 23:09

@crazyfilmguy - i thought the whole point is to try an adapt an existing idea into a modern mythology. If in the comic books Robin is a sidekick then, forgive me, on film he should be a sidekick too. I just think it would be an interesting thing to put in there - what would Alfred or even Gordon (who has kids himself) think of Batman training a youngster up to fight crime. Don't know how you'd work an acrobatic teenager who wears tights into Nolan's universe, but hey, he managed to get a deranged clown with no back-story into it.

• CheesesBryce

Dec 13th 2011, 3:33

With Batman as the 'American Jesus', Nolan can conclude his Satanic Trilogy of Fear, Madness and Death. In Batman Begins, the Scarecrow attacked Batman's Spirit with Fear. In TDK, the Joker attacked Batman's Mind with Madness. Hence, in TDKR, Bane will attack Batman's Body with Death !!!

• demmike

Dec 13th 2011, 12:42

Clayface? In a Batman film? You really have no idea about anything

• writerdave87

Dec 13th 2011, 19:37

Dalidab just how stupid are you? You've been banned TWICE and now you come back talking about your same opinions. You really are beyond retarded. I'm reporting you again.