The Dark Knight Rises goes viral

Who is Dr. Leonid Pavel?

And here we go again! The viral marketing campaign for Chris Nolan’s final chapter in the Batman trilogy is up and underway, with Warner releasing of a pair of leaked “CIA documents” referring to a certain Dr. Leonid Pavel.

The first document shows a mug-shot of actor Alon Abutbul, alongside a potted profile of nuclear physicist Pavel. Much of the accompanying information has been blacked out, but the second document sheds a little more light on proceedings.

The document is a transcript between a CIA official and a militia unit, concerning possible asylum for the Doctor, who apparently fears for his life. Is Bane after him? Is Batman?

Its impossible to say at this stage, but one thing’s for sure: we’re going to waste many an hour combing the rest of the internet for clues!

Take a look at the pair of documents, see what you conclude, then post your theories in the comments box below...

So, what do you make of the two documents? Post your theories, below...

Comments

• FBEVelez

Dec 8th 2011, 10:01

This Viral marketing is Promoting i think the Villain Hugo Strange, What do you think? Either way I admire Nolan and his team staying true to the Mythology Available To Create An Epic Feature Film! I'm Exited!

• FBEVelez

Dec 8th 2011, 10:01

• elgar7

Dec 8th 2011, 10:43

Well he's to do with nuclear sooo I'm guessing the huge bomb that was in a spoiler shot a couple of months back?

• FBCCoppen

Dec 8th 2011, 10:49

Hugo Strange would make sense if the Prey story arch is used. Although would Nolan introduce another Villan if we have Bane, Scarecrow and Catwoman in the fold already. Maybe a subtle introduction now for use of the Villan in the JLA movie? I've also been entertaining the thought of Joseph Gordon-Levitt or Selina Kyle as the Max Cort character in Prey. JGL being the cop fed up with Batman stealing GCPD glory or Selina Kyle becoming a have a go hero (rescuing Batman on a hijacked Bat Pod) but getting her moral compass screwed in the process and becoming the good cat, bad cat we know and love. Either way IN NOLAN WE TRUST!

• FBCCoppen

Dec 8th 2011, 10:49

• FBCCoppen

Dec 8th 2011, 10:51

Ohh the bomb!!! Batman No Man's Land!!! Huge Eathquake in Gotham perfect way to introduce Supes!!

• FBCCoppen

Dec 8th 2011, 10:51

• Jeffbiscuits

Dec 8th 2011, 15:58

Hahahahaha :-D brilliant

• badger86

Dec 8th 2011, 16:36

'When two trolls go to war....' excellent.

• Heisenberg

Dec 8th 2011, 19:40

haha, I actually thought that was @CFG until i read the comments below. Best thing on this site in a while :-D

• liamio2802

Dec 8th 2011, 20:52

@crazyrapeguy you forgot to just arbitrarily name people and movies completely unrelated to the story and @CrazyFilmGuy you're the "f**king waste of space loser with no friends" every comment you make is so retarded it makes me sad for the human race

• Cameron

Dec 8th 2011, 22:42

Is it just me or do both crazyrapeguy & crazyfilm guy (especially CFG) remind you of Dalidab? is this some wild plan of his or simply coincidence?

Dec 8th 2011, 22:50

Just think, this time next year there will be a Nolan-Batman trilogy on DVD. Sweet.

• badger86

Dec 8th 2011, 23:46

@Cameron, crazyfilmguy is dalidab. Different name, but that's the only thing that's changed. crazyrapeguy is not the same person. Rather he is some mysterious comic genius.

• FBALee

Dec 9th 2011, 0:42

I'm kind of intrigued.. this is a delightful new twist. Are CFG and CRG going to get together? Hmmm... Otherwise, I'd really prefer to discuss strictly films on here, but it seems one can't comment or post an opinion without some unnecessary abuse. Sooooo, I'll briefly state that I find the viral campaign for one of the most anticipated movies of next year pretty bleeping sweet.

• writerdave87

Dec 9th 2011, 0:55

I wish I'd thought of Crazyrapeguy, it's comedy gold. It's an perfect impression of Dalidab.

• FBJHewitt

Dec 9th 2011, 4:14

Wow, you're all s**t human beings.

• murphy

Dec 9th 2011, 11:04

crazyrapeguy FTW! hahahahaha IMHO this is great and i'm slightly jealous i didn't think of this first! And the new viral campaign doesn't really make a difference in the anticipation for TDKR to be honest they could just spam the internet with a picture of one of Batmans socks for the next year and i would still be dying (though not of hayfever!) to see the film.

• alexr

Dec 9th 2011, 13:02

DIE OF HAYFEVER!!! LMFAO!!! I know most of you hate CrazyDalidabGuy, but THAT is comedy gold!!! @CrazyDalidabGuy You keep saying you don't care what people think, but then you retaliate to all the little jibes that people throw your way. If you really don't care, don't encourage them... I don't personally have anything against you (yet) but I must admit that some of your views on sexuality (hetero, ho, and bi) are a little extreme, even for a MOVIE FORUM...

• alexr

Dec 9th 2011, 13:04

WTF? TF censored h o m o ? I meant homosexuality Dear Moderators...

• waxonwaxoff14

Dec 9th 2011, 13:04

I wish more than anything I'd thought of crazyrapeguy. Hilarious. Why did that useless f**k dalidab change his name?

• alexr

Dec 9th 2011, 13:07

@crazyrapeguy Whoops! That bit of comedy gold was yours, not CrazyDalidabGuy. I apologise and back away slowly with my hands in the air...

• writerdave87

Dec 9th 2011, 16:24

It's difficult to tell them apart isn't it!

• Jeffbiscuits

Dec 9th 2011, 21:57

@CrazyFilmGuy No, you shut up.

• writerdave87

Dec 9th 2011, 22:50

'I try to doe [sic] it without hurting or offending anybody thats all... you are the useless f**k'. Do you even listen to yourself Dalidab? Do you have any idea of just how stupid you make yourself look?

• writerdave87

Dec 10th 2011, 12:25

Or what. You'll set your brother on me?

• writerdave87

Dec 11th 2011, 23:52

Funny that.

• FBJMontello

Dec 12th 2011, 16:36

GOD why do people talk s**t on forums? its not like u guys r ever going to do anything...one time i did s**t talk with someone i met up with him and beat his a*s so if u guys really wanna talk s**t at least back up your s**t talking....and by the way this movie is gonna kick a*s....haters keep hating ;)