The first word on Raimi’s Drag Me To Hell is in…

…and it sounds like a classic!

Universal had a sneaky test screening for Sam Raimi’s new horror Drag Me To Hell in Los Angeles a couple of nights ago, and plenty of eager fans managed to find their way in.

The consensus seems to be that Raimi’s on to a winner. “It was 70% Army of Darkness and 30% Evil Dead,” says AICN’s Quint, “The movie isn’t flawless… the story’s been told before, etc… but goddamn it’s done in a really fun way by one of the genre’s best filmmakers.”

Latino Review’s El Guapo Twittered the following: “Drag Me To Hell was awesome. Old school Raimi horror at its best.”

Sounds like Raimi’s back to what he does best, folks. The lads over at Slashfilm (TF Blog Award Winners) have a handy round-up of other reactions.

How excited are you about Raimi's horror return?

A) Very

B) Massively

C) I messed myself halfway through reading this.

Comments

• ashley.russell

Jan 29th 2009, 10:23

D, not at all because Raimi is rubbish.

• GrandiaKnight

Jan 29th 2009, 11:18

I shall ignore that comment. Sam Raimi is a legend! He has never made a bad film. They weren't great but they weren't terrible either. Also he is going back to his horror roots which is great!

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Jan 29th 2009, 12:56

Spider Man 3 was rubbish, but Im v excited to see him return to his roots

• ThrashGordon

Jan 29th 2009, 15:36

B) Massively I wanted to say C... believe me, but I haven't been following this at all, and have only heared a thing or two about it. Still anything that gets compared to Evil Dead 3 is a winner in my books!

• Ray Peterson

Jan 30th 2009, 10:59

'C' because I ate something bad last night. Otherwise it would be 'A', because otherwise there's no room to manoeuvre when the trailer comes out.

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Feb 6th 2009, 13:24

Crimewave... rubbish. Dark Man... not great. Army of Darkness... over-rated. Dont shoot me, its just my opinion. I do like Raimi when he is on his game, but legend? really?