The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo gets an eight-minute trailer

Extended promo online…

David Fincher's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo has just gotten itself another trailer: and it clocks in at a whopping eight minutes long.

The marketing team seem to have as much respect for 'the rules' as Lisbeth Salander does, and it's paying off in dividends.

In contrast with the punchy, punky teaser trailer that was unleashed several months ago, this latest offering gives a measured insight into what you can actually expect from the movie.

There's time for several characters to make a mark (stand up Nils Bjurman), and a key flashback (lit with a hyperreal golden sheen) is revealed in detail.

That said, if you're spoiler-cautious, and you haven't read the book or seen the Swedish film, you might want to give this a wide berth. Everyone else should head over to iTunes now to watch the full-length trailer.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo opens on 26 December 2011. We're rather looking forward to it.

Do you like this longer take on the trailer? Or do you prefer you promos short and sharp? Tell us!

Comments

• paddyg11

Dec 3rd 2011, 20:00

Looks. f*****g. Awesome. 'Nuff said.

Dec 4th 2011, 13:30

Theres a been a lot of Oscar buzz about this film which is kind of insulting to the original film which got none. How is it english-speaking movies are considered superior in the eyes of AMPAS? Its like when The Departed won an Oscar for best picture despite being a REMAKE of Infernal Affairs, which is universally considered the better of the two. The Best Foreign film category is treated as the awards equivalent of the kids table. Then again, the voters gave an Oscar to Chicago hahaha what a joke. Rant over.

• writerdave87

Dec 4th 2011, 17:40

I actually prefer the Departed to Infernal Affairs myself as I prefer the performances, but I love both movies.

• writerdave87

Dec 4th 2011, 17:41

Also Dalidab thanks for the chuckle, I'd forgotten about your bizzarre obsession with your big brother weirdo remake.

• writerdave87

Dec 5th 2011, 0:55

You want to make a remake of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, set in BRIGHTON. Starring some freakshow out of Big Brother. And you think something's wrong with ME? You're a f*****g moron, you really are. Least you actually managed to avoid mixing up Internal Affairs and Infernal Affairs this time lol.

• writerdave87

Dec 5th 2011, 1:07

Talking about the trailer though, I think this looks great. Cast is incredible, well shot, and the more I see of Mara the more I like her for the Salander role.

• FBTKaagman

Dec 5th 2011, 10:01

I am not downloading that abomination to watch a trailer. I'll wait untill it's on YouTube or something.

• ChrisWootton

Dec 5th 2011, 11:50

Yep... looks like we'll have to go through the whole... INTERNAL AFFAIRS IS A COMPLETELY UNRELATED MOVIE thing again

• oldirtywag

Dec 5th 2011, 13:04

My name is Dabion Philip Donaldson and I am 20 years old (born 12th August 1982). I live in Yorkshire, England. I am autistic. I live with my mum (Linda) and 3 cats. My brother Neil has now moved into a flat with Eleanor and he is really happy there (but is really missing the cats!). I went to two local schools and it wasn't always easy. At my first school, I was lucky enough to have good teachers and good friends including Gareth, Stuart, Lee, Stephanie, Victoria and Danny and many others. At my second school, I had some problems in the beginning with some of the kids who used to hit me. I didn�t want to hit them back so I took it for a while, but there was a limit. I sometimes stayed in class during break times, but one of my teachers supported me and helped me through a difficult time. I made lots of new friends there including Luke, Darren, Mark, Jodie, Caroline, Simon B, Simon N, Russell, Sam, Emma, Chris, Dean, Lee and Craig and many more. I also won a lot of awards including for good attendance (1993 to 95) and good work (1994 to 96). So I had bad and good times at both those schools, but my teachers and friends helped me through the years. I also spent some time in a place where children went because they had problems at home or just to have a rest from their family. That wasn't easy because I was missing my mum and I was naughty as well, but I calmed down over the years! We sometimes did activities while we were there (like going to fun fairs and bowling etc). When it was time for bed, some of my friends and I went up into the attic where we had our own private club and did what we wanted. It was great fun until the staff caught us! My hobbies include a Swimming Club on Wednesdays and a youth club called The Intermediate Club on Thursdays - we go to the cinema, have meals out and go bowling. The clubs are run for people with learning difficulties. The staff are nice and great fun to have a laugh with - including Dave, Ruth, Lois, Mick, Donna, Arthur and John - who used to help run some of the clubs - he is a kind bloke and I still keep in touch with him by phone and e-mail and he works with me on this web site. From a young age, I enjoyed fantasy films like The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958), Jason & the Argonauts (1963), Clash of the Titians (1981), Krull (1983) and Legend (1985) and horror films like Gremlins, Critters and also the Alien and Predator films. The list goes on! When my dad passed away in 1993, my knowledge of films started to grow and I started taking a real interest in who starred, directed and wrote the screenplay etc. I'm not just interested in new films, but also in old films as well. My favourite film is Tetsuo: The Iron Man (1989). My favourite actor is Bruce Willis. My favourite actress is Milla Jovovich. My favourite band is Rammstein. I like playing on the Play Station and my favourite game on it at the moment is Evil Dead: Hail to the King. I like going to the pub with my friend Paul and I also like hanging out with my other friends from college where in 2001 I did a course called Work Right where we learned about heath & safety, responsibility, how to work with others and treat every body as equal in the work place. On my work placement I went to a local newspaper on occasional Fridays when I was available to type up film reviews and previews on the computer for the paper and I really enjoyed it - meeting new people etc. I am having the time of my life and want to enjoy it while it lasts! If I don�t make it as a professional film critic, I might be a film actor instead. More recent friends include Arron, Ryan, Mark, Neil and Paul. So I hope you found out something interesting about what I do with my life, my interests and my hobbies.

• oldirtywag

Dec 5th 2011, 13:04

I am 29, Autistic & Gay & I am a kind, caring & funny person & I love Films, Comics, Rock Music, PS3 & sometimes the Theatre & I am also a Amateur Actor as well

• oldirtywag

Dec 5th 2011, 13:04

30 years man and boy

• writerdave87

Dec 5th 2011, 19:57

Tbh I think that's going a bit far, I can't stand the t**t and I've reposted his twitter on here before but that's a lot of personal info. Even if he does never shut up about himself.

• writerdave87

Dec 5th 2011, 21:02

Meh, there's a line. Don't thank me.

• writerdave87

Dec 7th 2011, 0:02

That is absolutely hilarious.

• writerdave87

Dec 7th 2011, 23:43

Dalidab do you realise that's exactly how you sound, all of the time?

• writerdave87

Dec 8th 2011, 2:48

It's a shame your own mind is the size of a pea.