The Hangover 2 gets its first full trailer

“Where are we?”

hangover 2

Fittingly, considering today is April Fool's Day, the first full trailer for The Hangover Part II has gone online - and it’s a hoot.

Basically taking the concept of the first movie and injecting it with the sequel rule of “go bigger”, director Todd Phillips has gifted the idea of blokes getting wrecked together a fresh, epic scale.

So there’s guns, helicopters – and lots of jokes involving the distinctly furry new monkey cast member.

There are also a fair few nods back to the original Hangover, with Stu worried that he’s missing teeth, and Alan giving a truly awful speech and still enjoying a good penis gag.

Check out the trailer below...

Really, some guys just shouldn’t drink...

The Hangover Part II opens 26 May.

Fools? Or fabulous? What do you make of the new trailer? Drop us your thoughts below...

Comments

• BruceShark

Apr 1st 2011, 10:18

The first one wasn't great but had it's moments, but WOW, this one looks incredible unfunny. Come on, if in the trailer nothing funny happens what does that say for the actual film.

• ChrisWootton

Apr 1st 2011, 11:29

Yeah, I saw the first one after all of the hype and didn't actually find it funny (apart from the photos at the end). Have to say though that I was almost crying after watching that.. excellent.. hopefully it will be that funny for the duration

• mcghater

Apr 1st 2011, 11:55

obviously your sense of humour bypass is working then

• gonzoBen

Apr 1st 2011, 11:59

Pretty poor trailer. This'll take millions tho.

• ChrisWootton

Apr 1st 2011, 12:12

You guys didn't find it funny? It kind of reminded me how funny Todd Phillips can be, I'm a huge Old School fan so I guess that this will appeal to my sense of humour. Oh well, you can't please everyone I suppose.

• gonzoBen

Apr 1st 2011, 12:38

It's not that it wasn't funny (it wasn't though) my beef is the quality of the trailer. Not particulary polishded considering the buzz around this sequel. Cutting a trailer is an art and should be treated as such.

• ChrisWootton

Apr 1st 2011, 12:45

Fair point, but its riffing on the first one. There really isn't much of a plot, and you get a real sense of what the film will be like. Don't get me wrong, trailers are an art and I've always felt that too much is given away now in trailers.. look at Alien and Aliens for the greatest (in my opinion). But this is the hangover 2, do they really need to go over the top with the cutting of it?

• BruceShark

Apr 1st 2011, 12:50

Exactly, riffing on the first one. It's basically the first one, but in Bangkok. That's the problem with a simple premise. You can't change it.

• BruceShark

Apr 1st 2011, 12:50

• gonzoBen

Apr 1st 2011, 13:01

I agree. It's gotta share the same (successful) beats as the first film (why re-invent the wheel, right?). I'm sure the film will have some smarts, just a shame they aren't hinted at in the trailer. It's like a tackle from Paul Scholes. Cynical and poorly executed.

Apr 1st 2011, 23:48