Hugh Jackman's The Wolverine heads to Vancouver

Skunk Bear 2 filming in November

Wolverine 2 - AKA The Wolverine - will begin shooting in Vancouver later this year, according to a report from the Vancouver Sun

Hugh Jackman will be getting his claws out once more, in a cast that also includes Kelly Hu (Lady Deathstrike), Ken Watanabe (Wilson Jones Jong) and Naturi Naughton (Cecilia Reyes).

The plot sees Wolverine travel to Japan to train with a samurai warrior, so expect to see an Asian theme at the Canadian Motion Picture Park in Burnaby where the production will be housed.

Filming takes place between 11 November 2011 and 1 March 2012 and The Wolverine will open summer 2012.

Top Wikipedia fact: The Wolverine, AKA Gulo gulo (Gulo being Latin for glutton), is also called the carcajou, quickhatch, gulon or skunk bear.

If 2011 seemed like a big year for superhero flicks, can 2012 stomp its ass into the ground? And can The Wolverine make up for the less-than-awesome X-Men Origins film? Tell us below.

Comments

• kipwinchester

Aug 18th 2011, 23:18

i wonder if they will just make up there own little story again or actulaly use the sorce material from the comics.... oh wait its hollywood of corse they wont use the sorce material

• kipwinchester

Aug 18th 2011, 23:18

• Gav83

Aug 18th 2011, 23:46

That photo cracks me up; it's like he's totally pist about having to take a bath.

Aug 19th 2011, 0:41

"Lets kill him after making him indestructible...oh bolloques" 2012 is going to be a bumper superhero year.

• ChrisWootton

Aug 19th 2011, 10:10

I'm bored of Wolverine now. In 4 movies they couldn't get him right so why bother with another one?

• trist808

Aug 19th 2011, 10:22

I really hope they stick to the source material, the story is perfect and they need to make ammends for Origins and improve upon Wolvie's 1st solo outing. Logan is still my favourite X-Man though and I am looking forward to this, I just hope I won't be disappointed again.

• therealeverton

Aug 19th 2011, 11:00

They stuck with the story as far as possible. But the source involves both several X-Men (who Wolverine hasn't met yet so they can't really be there, bit in the same way) Other than issues like that McQuarrie has used the source story as much as possible, so high hopes.

• trist808

Aug 19th 2011, 11:27

Yeah, that's a good point, perhaps certain characters will be swapped out or changed/altered to make the timeline fit? Again though I hope this doesn't mess too much with it. So far Wolverine's best moment has come in the form of his cameo in First Class (lol) so I'm hoping McQuarrie can rectify that.

• gregmac666

Aug 19th 2011, 13:41

Kelly Hu in leathers again? I'm in! Seriously though, I agree that the need to get a good story rolling on this one.

Aug 21st 2011, 17:13

They should have went with Duncan Jones.