Three new Dark Knight Rises images online

UPDATE: Two new Batman images

Three new stills from The Dark Knight Rises has arrived over at Entertainment Weekly.

Bane dominates the new shots, with Batman and Commissioner Gordon also appearing on behalf of the Gotham good guys.

If you were hoping the new snaps would reveal crucial plot points, you’re out of luck, but they’ll do little to quell your excitement for Nolan’s Bat-threequel.

Tom Hardy’s bemuscled übervillian looks as imposing as ever, Batman's spoiling for a scrap, and Gordon appears to be in a spot of bother.

Check out the images in full below:

UPDATE: 2 new Batman stills have also landed online at EW.com. One shows the Caped Crusader fully-suited up, and the other shows Bale looking word-weary as Bruce Wayne, standing in front of his feature-packed suit.

Check 'em out:

The Dark Knight Rises opens on 20 July 2012. Just thinking of that date makes us a little giddy.

Any think this’ll end up disappointing? Drop us a line…

Comments

• smellyhands

Jan 12th 2012, 16:16

What is the point in showing us these photos? I know these are new photos but there is nothing new to see in them. I mean we all know what Bane looks like from every angle. We all know what Batman looks like as we've seen the previous two films. And honestly that Gordon photo could have been taken from the previous films for all I know. I think the Batman Rises coverage has been exhausted a bit. But I'm sure we'll have lovely new shots next week of Bruce Wayne being Bruce Wayne or such and such.

• joker16

Jan 12th 2012, 20:04

In light of Hardy's cheesy voice, I've decided to lower my expectations.

• GarthMarenghi

Jan 12th 2012, 23:13

Has Bale shrunk or is Hardy borrowing Tom Cruise's shoe-lifts for this film? As a Stargate geek, I kind of wish they'd gone with a lower profile actor like Chris Judge as Bane. Huge, imposing with a great speaking voice worthy of James Earl Jones. Ah well, at least he's in it, even if it's probably just as a disposable henchman.

• joker16

Jan 13th 2012, 3:57

@Garth According to IMDB Hardy is 5'10 while Bale is 6'.

• SiMan

Jan 13th 2012, 14:23

I am curious to see what the new Batcave is going to be like...wonder if we'll get any more glimpses of that before release?

• demmike

Jan 13th 2012, 19:29

Oh Tom Hardy's neck is really thin!!! Like a f*****g tree stump!

• GarthMarenghi

Jan 14th 2012, 14:06

@joker16 - Thanks, although I suspect that's his 'showbiz height'! He seemed like a giant in Bronson thanks to the power of his performance, so I'm sure he'll be fine in the role, just not my dream choice.