Tom Hardy talks Dark Knight Rises and Starbucks (again)

“I'm really sorry”

"I'm really sorry if anyone misunderstood what I said about comparing working for a huge franchise to being like working for Starbucks,” said Tom Hardy during promotional interviews for the film Warrior

“I didn't mean it like that. I mean, it could have been British Airways, it could have been Virgin, it could have been Nike, it could have been any huge company," Hardy said earnestly.”

It seems the actor didn't realise how Bat-fans would react to his remarks about The Dark Knight Rises but says he got that message loud and clear.

"I'm human and I do read things and I get hurt. My friends say, 'Don't read anything, just ignore it,' but I do. And I read comics. And I cry," Hardy told Variety

Man up Bane, or the fans will be after you again.

Were fans right to jump on Hardy for his comments? Or was he justified in comparing mega-budget movies to slinging coffee for a multinational chain? Tell us below!

Comments

• MorganRoss

Aug 26th 2011, 11:43

I think the fans were a little h*****n Tom Hardy, the guy was comparing the global franchise of Batman to another global franchise pointing out that they are both 'huge vehicles to make a lot of money… and make a large audience happy'. People have expectations from a franchise, very high expectations when it comes to DK rises, and he was right to point out that it limits you artisticly. I'm sure Chris Nolan wasn't fussed about the comments as, although he's done an amazing job with them, the studio just view the films as money pits (Transformers anyone?). He's a great actor and a honest guy who simply forgot the politics involved in giving an interview, I'm guessing it won't happen again too soon!

• Jeffbiscuits

Aug 26th 2011, 11:56

hardon?

• Jeffbiscuits

Aug 26th 2011, 11:57

Too many letters...

• joedav87

Aug 26th 2011, 13:11

hahah Jeffbiscuits i struggle to see what the swear word is too. The only thing I can fit is "harsh on", which is obviously not a swear word.

• joedav87

Aug 26th 2011, 13:12

• joedav87

Aug 26th 2011, 13:12

• Jeffbiscuits

Aug 26th 2011, 13:46

Harshon

• Jeffbiscuits

Aug 26th 2011, 13:47

Nup

• FBMPorter

Aug 26th 2011, 14:02

@Jeffbiscuits it is Hard_on with a space instead of _ Hardon h*****n ^^ should be censored Can't wait for this film Hardy will be awesome!!

• Jeffbiscuits

Aug 26th 2011, 14:43

Space bar malfunction

• MorganRoss

Aug 26th 2011, 16:53

Haha, I'll have to take more care with my words next time! It was, indeed, hard (space) on

Aug 26th 2011, 17:29

Thanks to Nolan, the Batman 'brand' was saved from the Schumachers laughing stock 'Batman on ice-skates? How can it lose?" and when this film ends it will draw a close to one of best trilogies in cinema. (see also Bourne, LOTR and On the Buses (joking about that last one!)