Tom Hiddleston and The Avengers lead the Total Film Hotlist Award winners

The full list of all the winners, as voted for by you

The Total Film Hotlist Awards called upon you to name the most exciting movies and talent existing in this very moment, based on recent and upcoming releases.

Well, the votes have been painstakingly counted, and full coverage of the awards can be found in the brand new issue of Total Film magazine (out now, and also available on iPad).

There was an immense amount of love for Tom Hiddleston (so good as one of the year’s most hissable villains, Loki) and Avengers Assemble, with the superhero epic winning Hottest Director (for Joss Whedon), Hottest Film and Hottest Scene (‘Puny God’). On top of that, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill (better known in real-life as Cobie Smulders), picked up Hottest Newcomer (Female).

Kristen Stewart came top in the Hottest Actress category, and The Hobbit managed to snaffle a couple of awards.

Check out the full list of winners of below:

Hottest Film:
Avengers Assemble

Hottest Actor: Tom Hiddleston (Avengers Assemble, The Deep Blue Sea, Midnight In Paris)

Hottest Actress: Kristen Stewart (Snow White And The Huntsman, On The Road, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2)

Hottest Director: Joss Whedon (Avengers Assemble)

Hottest Writer: Abi Morgan (Shame, The Iron Lady)

Hottest New Filmmaker: Lena Dunham (Tiny Furniture, Girls)

Hottest Newcomer Male:
Liam Hemsworth (The Hunger Games, The Expendables 2)

Hottest Newcomer Female: Cobie Smulders (Avengers Assemble, Iron Man 3)

Hottest Scene: ‘Puny God’ (Avengers Assemble)

Hottest Trailer:The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Hottest Book:The Hobbit

Hottest TV Show:Sherlock

For full coverage on the Total Film Hotlist and all its winners, pick up a copy of the new issue of Total Film magazine, which is out now.

And try out our brilliant interactive iPad edition! Read about the key features of Total Film’s interactive iPad edition.

If you prefer your magazine paper-y, worry not – the regular edition of the magazine is going nowhere. Subscribe to Total Film magazine.

Did your favourite win? Surprised by any of the results? Have your say below.

Comments

• lisadupree

Aug 3rd 2012, 10:39

Everything about this is decent except for Kristen Stewart for Hottest Actress. I would have expected Carey Mulligan, Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone or at least someone who at least seems grateful for her good fortune/makes better role choices.

• bencobra

Aug 3rd 2012, 11:09

The recognition The Avengers has received here just shows it has been a pretty poor year for film. I mean it was okay but does it really justify the accolades it has received? The BO takings were through the roof but I really didn't think it got going till the last half hour. It was your typical franchise movie. It had no definitive point and was just a vehicle for the studios to create movies. Marvel really need to start making good features rather than just setting up franchises that need to be viewed i their entirety. I mean Captain America and iron Man 2 were just prologues for The Avengers movie. Saying that this is purely my opinion and for anyone who enjoyed these movies I am glad you are embracing the whole Marvel Universe.

• anapsousa1

Aug 3rd 2012, 11:15

I totally agree with all the choices, but one. Tom Hiddleston by virtue of his immense talent and versatility, and why not? by being absolutely gorgeous deserves this award. He is the epitome of what an actor, an entertainer should be: hard working, kind, down to earth, passionate and talented. Kristen Stewart on the other hand is not one of my favorite actresses, so in her case I do not agree with the award, but this is my personal opinion. I think that some of the other female nominees are far more talented than her have a much better relation with fans and audience.

• ChrisWootton

Aug 3rd 2012, 11:30

I think we're in the minority Ben.. I agree with you about the Avnegers

• MillerCrosses

Aug 3rd 2012, 11:37

Who the hell is reading total film that votes Stewart as hottest actress?

• ChrisWootton

Aug 3rd 2012, 12:04

Mrs Stewart?

• Aberskene

Aug 3rd 2012, 12:05

I've lost all respect for humanity after that vote of KSTEW!! I'm going to get all 'Falling Down' and s**t due to this. You've only yourselves to blame!!

• FBJRider

Aug 3rd 2012, 13:09

Okay I'm fine with pretty much everything. Stewart is good looking but pitted against the likes of Anne Hathaway, Emma Watson, Emma Stone, Charlize Theron, Emily Blunt, Mila Kunis etc.

• MillerCrosses

Aug 3rd 2012, 13:47

@FBJRider I believe it's hottest in terms of acting not looks.

• henryjr

Aug 3rd 2012, 15:15

My votes: Film: Drive, Actor: Ryan Gosling, Actress: Rooney Mara, Director: David Fincher, Writer: Christopher Nolan, New Filmmaker: Ben Wheatley, Newcomer (Male): Armie Hammer, Newcomer (Female): Cobie Smulders, Scene: Kill List - Hammer Time, Trailer: Dark Knight Rises, TV show: Modern Family

• AlfredsDream098

Aug 3rd 2012, 19:15

@MillerCrosses That just makes the decision even worse.

• Skarlett123321

Aug 3rd 2012, 19:38

Tom Hiddleston is the most sensual and sexy man in the universe!He is one of the nicest men. Honestly, this man's got it all: not only is he (the very definition of) sexy, but he's quite intelligent, utterly charming and polite, a brilliant actor, a kind and humble gentleman, and inspirational to all sorts of people, from the way that he handles himself to the sincere love he has for the theatre and his career. And let's be real, here: there is not a single picture in existence that this man does not look gorgeous in, and that SAYS something.You know he's rightfully number one, anyway. For me the best Avengers movie in 2012. But with Kristen Stewart does not agree.

• MillerCrosses

Aug 3rd 2012, 22:03

@AlfredsDream098 It might make it hilarious.

Aug 3rd 2012, 23:23

Jennifer Lawrence or Emma Stone should have won hottest actress, Kristen will fade into indie realm not that Twilight is drawing to a close.

• Gashead

Aug 4th 2012, 0:04

Still no love for drive?

• timaraevezina

Aug 4th 2012, 3:24

Kristen Steward is not hot at all nor a good actress. I personally find Tom Hiddleston very creepy. I've seen some other regular photos of him where he looks like a serial killer. I guess people like that....

• EddieFelson

Aug 4th 2012, 9:56

I enjoyed it but Avengers is massively overrated and there is much better talent out there than has been outlined in this "Hottest List" but the majority of the movie going public time and again proves that films don’t have to be truly spectacular or original to be box office successes.

• piffle

Aug 4th 2012, 14:49

I'm totally bemused at the sheer number of people commenting here who haven't figured out that the word 'Hottest' isn't referring to appearance.

Aug 5th 2012, 10:13

saved me about £3.99. Thanks

• isabelmfgt

Aug 6th 2012, 10:30

Honestly, I don't know what criteria they used to choice such winners. The fact of Kristen Stewart as "hottest actress" is just... insulting. Insulting for more beautiful AND better actress than her... She's a lame, a fake face with 0 acting skills. Her roles are weak and her interpretations are flat. 'Nuff said. I cannot say the same thing about Tom, though... He has a strong female support because his role on Avengers and Thor, yeah, but AT LEAST, he's a good actor and very expressive. You can enjoy his works even if you have no idea about who is he. The rest of the choices seem to be caused by the fans tatrum these days. Avengers is a very enjoyable movie, but is not a deep movie or a "classic" one. I cannot say about the others, except for the trailer choice... Many have been waiting for that movie over the years.

• pixypolly

Aug 11th 2012, 2:04

Everything except Kristen Steward is quite decent. Not all-and-all agreeable but decent. But, Ms. Steward? Really? REALLY? REEEALLY? I think I've just lost faith in the world.

• missripley

Aug 31st 2012, 16:49

Is there anywhere to buy individual issues online? I would love to buy just this issue but I'm not sure where to find it.