After raking in plenty of cash over here, Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen turned its attention Stateside, where it earned $112 million in its first weekend alone.
Combined with its haul from Thursday onwards, it has taken in $201.2 million in just five days, seemingly on course to be the year’s top grosser.
The movie’s success meant that everything else shifted down one, though The Proposal held strong with $18 million this weekend, The Hangover made $17.2 million and Up brought in $13 million.
The only other film in the top five was the only film brave enough to launch against TF2 – My Sister’s Keeper, which made a respectable $12 million.
The top 10 in easily digested chart-form…
- Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen ($112 million)
- The Proposal ($18.4 million)
- The Hangover ($17.2 million)
- Up ($13 million)
- My Sister’s Keeper ($12 million)
- Year One ($5.8 million)
- The Taking Of Pelham 123 ($5.4 million)
- Star Trek ($3.6 million)
- Night At The Museum 2 ($3.5 million)
- Away We Go ($1.6 million)
[Source: Box Office Mojo]