Transformers 4 officially titled Transformers: Age Of Extinction

The Dinobots are coming…

Transformers 4 has officially been rebranded Transformers: Age Of Extinction, with the new title making its debut on a brand new poster.

The new title follows hot on the heels of yesterday’s confirmation from producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura that the Dinobots will definitely be appearing in the fourth film.

The new title would certainly seem to support that notion, with the sand-swept poster also having a very Dinobot-themed flavour to it.

We’re still left wondering just how the Dinobots will fit into the plot of the fourth film, although judging by this new development, they will be front and centre as opposed to taking a supporting role.

Directed by Michael Bay and co-starring Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz, Stanley Tucci and Kelsey Grammer, Transformers: Age Of Extinction will open in the UK on 10 July 2014.

(click image to enlarge)

What do you think of the new title? Tell us, below!

Comments

• TwoBobRuss

Sep 4th 2013, 7:26

So, I see it that they are going to make out that the first Autobots/Decepticons arrived on Earth millions of years ago and took the form of Dinosaurs - they then laid dormant for years.... ***yawn***

• BobTheSkull

Sep 4th 2013, 8:33

@endofdays, exactly what I was going to say. I posted something similar in yesterdays thread about the comic v cartoon versions. From what I've heard they are intedning to make this a second trilogy, so they might go the Galvatron Hotrod/Rodimus route, ending with Unicron this time round. Though I do hope Bay isn't involved after this one wraps. I've not had the issues most people have had with the Transformers films (other than Fallen cos it was awful) But Bay's brand of humour really grates with me in these films.

• FBMHobbs

Sep 4th 2013, 8:49

Extinction?.....let's hope so.......Michael Bay is c**t-A-TRON

Sep 4th 2013, 9:33

Wonder if Hugh Weaving is going to be in this one, after calling the series 'meaningless'.

Sep 4th 2013, 9:36

Oops... I meant Weaving called his role meaningless, not the series.

• Mattsimus

Sep 4th 2013, 16:12

Age of extinction?..... Like Age of Ultron then?...... Better title than revenge of the fallen I suppose, is this really getting a June 2014 release? hadn't they better get a move on?

Sep 4th 2013, 18:19

I thought the same thing Matt, kinda lazy copying Marvel.

• Indianabones

Sep 5th 2013, 5:45

I am now kinda tempted to see this now! was really hoping to avoid it! awful films that just got worse and worse...to much concentration on the humans! pointless interactions and no thoughts behind any actions! but as a child of the 80's I want a good Transformers movie! and I don't want my favourite Dinobots to be ruined like Jetfire was! jeez flying Optimus? Anyone know why only a Prime could destroy the Fallen?