Van Damme is making Bloodsport 2

"Guy is a complete bum, maybe abusing his son."

Jean-Claude Van Damme has confirmed to totalfilm.com that he is working on Bloodsport 2, a true sequel to his first hit movie.

“You know, like, we’re gonna do Bloodsport 2," he told us in a recent interview. "Which was my first movie. And I want to do it now in a very mature way, where the guy from Bloodsport is a complete bum, maybe abusing his son."

The original Bloodsport spawned three follow-ups, but Jean-Claude was connected to none of them.

Studio Hesitant

Despite the recent success of latest movie JCVD, Van Damme is encountering some resistance from the studio.

“They told me, ‘No, no, no!  You cannot make a movie in America where a father is abusing his son physically! It’s wrong."

“And you cannot be a guy on drugs doing karate and shit like that.’ I said, ’Why? Why? Tell me why.’

"It’s against the rules of success. But I believe the other rules of success. To show something real.”

Keep an eye on totalfilm.com for more from Van Damme, including his thoughts on drug addiction, why he turned down Stallone's Expendables and the help tape he's looking to create.

Comments

• Dammage7

Jan 30th 2009, 19:50

After reading this, I only have one word to describe Jean-Claude Van Damme! "BRILLIANT".

• moneybags1987

Jan 30th 2009, 23:18

JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME IS ONE OF MY BEST ACTORS I LOVED BLOODSPORT I WILL LOVE TO SEE BLOODSPORT 2 HAPPEN BECAUSE HE IS A BRILLIANT ACTOR.

• Rachie

Feb 2nd 2009, 10:35

Bring. It. On.

• grifter101

Feb 2nd 2009, 10:51

We are through the looking glass and pretty much back round the front again, are we not?

• stevegilpin

Feb 2nd 2009, 18:58

This makes no sense! I liked Bloodsport, but that was based on the true story of Frank W. Dux, the first American fighter to win the Kumite. So why would JCVD change the character to an abusive bum of a father? Is he on drugs again? Give me a break! Can anyone make sense of this?

• loberman

Feb 2nd 2009, 19:53

lets just hope i'll do lots of fighting without any doubles... if he uses stupid doubles or if he only punches because he can't lift his legs then it will be sad... hope for a real big comeback

• willardns

Feb 10th 2009, 17:14

I think the story should go something like this: Frank W. Dux has a son. Son learns how to kick a*s from father. Son starts his own gang. Son has Kumite battles in US to show how bad a*s he is. Son become drug lord and takes control of underground. Son gets way out of hand. Frank relise what his son has become. Frank decides to teach someone else to kick Son's a*s. Son finds out about Frank. Son tries to kill Frank's new student. Frank gets in the way and dies. New Student kicks Frank's son a*s. Frank's new student walks away with Frank's son girlfriend. Movie ends.

• letterhead29384

Oct 19th 2009, 0:56

Can I suggest Paul Hertzog does the music score again. That guy is amazing!!!