Vin Diesel taking pay cut to star in Riddick 3?

“We can start filming this summer,” he says

riddick

Vin Diesel has chimed in with an update on the production of the third Riddick movie, revealing that he may have to take a pay cut in order for the film to shoot.

Talking on Facebook, the actor revealed that he’s just met with director David Twohy, who’s confident that the Riddick sequel can shoot this summer.

Not only that, but they’re definitely aiming to make it R-rated – no doubt after the backlash reaction to first sequel Chronicles being watered down for a more mainstream appeal.

“[Twohy] the writer/director just landed in New York with the good news,” Diesel writes. “We can start filming this summer. However, there is a catch… in order for us to make a true R rated film, I must work for scale upfront.

“Money is always second to art… integrity and spirit… but the real issue is deeper. Can I suspend my life, to momentarily venture to that dark place… called Riddick.”

From what we’ve learnt so far about Riddick 3 – namely that it’ll be a back-to-basics horror in the vein of the awesome Pitch Black – Diesel would be daft not to do this.

Just do it? Or forget about it? Do you want Diesel to head up a third Riddick movie? Talk to us below...

Comments

• harley1903

May 25th 2011, 8:31

I can't wait I really like the Riddick films and actually didn't think that the second was that bad. I just hope he sticks to this instead of doing another fast movie

May 25th 2011, 10:03

As I've said before, the Riddick games Escape from Butcher Bay and Assault on Dark Athena have been much better recieved than the last film. Thats what people want to see, not some sprawling Macbeth-lite space opera like TCOR, but a tight and dark film like Pitch Black.

• writerdave87

May 25th 2011, 11:45

Diesel's best role, no question- I agree with Dalidab and Hadouken,- a dark twisted sci-fi horror with Twohy directing will hopefully deliver.

• tieranosaur

May 25th 2011, 16:58

Pitch Black is my favourite movie ever and that is almost entirely due to Vin's performance, especially the opening. I can't wait for another one!

• garysimps

May 27th 2011, 12:23

not..........interested. picth black was great, chronicles was shocking. why rush to shoot? cant they just concentrate on a decent script first?

• wasmccabe

Jun 1st 2011, 11:00

LOVED Pitch Black, LOVED Dark Fury, LOVED TCOR. Can. Not. Wait.