Warner CEO talks up Ben Affleck as Batman

Describes character as “tired, weary and seasoned”

Warner CEO Kevin Tsujihara has been talking about the recent announcement of Ben Affleck as the studio’s new Batman, and has dropped a few hints about what we can expect from this latest version of the character.

Having begun by describing Affleck as “perfect” for the role (unsurprising, given he hired him!), Tsujihara revealed that the new Batman will be “tired, and kind of weary and seasoned”.

Casting Affleck as an older, established Batman would certainly seem to make sense, given that Batman Vs. Superman is unlikely to waste time ploughing through another origin story for the Dark Knight.

“Ben is perfect for the vision Zack [Snyder] has for that character,” continued Tsujihara. “The fact that you saw such a passionate response in the blogosphere is really kind of a testament to the love that people have for this character.”

That’s certainly one way to look at it. Directed by Snyder and co-starring Henry Cavill and Amy Adams, Batman Vs. Superman will open in the US on 17 July 2015.

What are you hoping to see from the new film? Tell us, below!

Comments

Sep 13th 2013, 9:05

I love the fact we're going to get a more mature seasoned Batman this time. Ben Affleck is a good choice for that type of Batman.

• BatMaN

Sep 13th 2013, 9:35

Everyone I know hates affleck. I just don't get it. Daredevil was one of the best movies I've ever seen. Am I the only one who thinks Ben affleck will Rock the show.i guess I'll have to wait till July 2015 to have the last laugh.

• QuietLife

Sep 13th 2013, 11:18

I'm torn over Daredevil. I saw the cinematic cut and thought it was a bland, lifeless, 2-star movie, however I recently watched the Director's Cut and now call it a 4-star movie. It's probably the biggest difference I've experienced with a DC since Blade Runner. They even trimmed out a fair bit of what made the theatrical cut so boring. I'm on team Affleck, I think he'll do ok.

• apo1978

Sep 13th 2013, 12:29

I'm on team "F**K THIS SH*T"

• spid2411

Sep 13th 2013, 12:55

I am also on the apo1978 team - bad idea the whole thing and is just an attempt to make lots of money. Don't try and copy Marvel (whose films are mostly c**p with one or two exceptions) but try and make superior films as you did with the Dark Knight trilogy. As for Daredevil - give me a break man. It was a mess.

• jasongiani

Sep 13th 2013, 13:41

I think this is going to come out just like Man of Steel in the end, some people will like it and others won't. I'm just happy they're finally doing this, and with the time Affleck has to prepare for the charater he's going to do great. He's probably going to be in his costume most of the time anyways. It would've been really fun if they kept it secret that he would be playing Batman, only to reveal it with the finished movie.

Sep 13th 2013, 14:00

“tired, and kind of weary and seasoned”. sums up this attempt at a cashcow. Waddup.

• jean63099048

Sep 17th 2013, 1:00

like Rita answered I'm surprised that people can make $6791 in a few weeks on the computer. go to website.... url.Mn/5c416bc