Warner releases new Dark Knight Rises images

A closer look at Bats and Bane

Warner Brothers have released a new batch of official stills from The Dark Knight Rises, just in case you weren’t already excited enough by this week’s grand unveiling of the first full trailer.

The new images give a clearer impression of Batman’s new weapon (not that we know exactly what that gun is for), as well as showing the Dark Knight back aboard the Batpod.

Elsewhere, there’s also a new image of Bane, in which Tom Hardy gets another opportunity to show off his newly stacked physique.

We’d imagine that will probably be the last of the new promotional material for a while, although don’t be surprised to see the viral campaign click back into gear after the Christmas break.

The Dark Knight Rises
is released in the UK on 20 July 2012. In the meantime, we’ll just have to give that trailer another watch. Learned it off by heart yet? We’re getting there…

Getting sick of all the hype now, or are you still clamouring for more? Tell us, below.

Comments

Dec 23rd 2011, 16:28

At this rate you'll be able to make a flick book of the entire film before July!

• joker16

Dec 23rd 2011, 17:08

@Hadouken76 That's what I'm saying

• bogman2099

Dec 23rd 2011, 18:03

Is it me, or are we are getting a sausage fest?,would kill warners to release some more images of Anne Hathaway?

• StevePotter

Dec 23rd 2011, 18:04

You guys say that like it's a bad thing!

Dec 23rd 2011, 19:14

" When Gotham is ashes you'll have my permission to die. "

• smellyhands

Dec 23rd 2011, 21:20

My excitement for this film has faded away with all this coverage. Hopefully there are some surprises left before the film is released.

• Jeffbiscuits

Dec 23rd 2011, 22:09

IMAX flickbooks are the way of the future. You need massive paper, though.

• willow138

Dec 23rd 2011, 23:48

I dont think Hardy looks big enough in that image to be honest. I love his acting but Im a die hard DC girl and he just doesnt look large enough here.

• McSerious

Dec 24th 2011, 1:22

This is a more realistic version though, and he definitely looks strong enough to challenge Christian Bale's Batman. Just watch him in Warrior to see how dangerous he can appear.

• trist808

Dec 24th 2011, 10:57

Ah @willow138, it's all about size with you girls isn't it? Maybe he has a GSOH? I agree with @McSerious, rent out Warrior in the New Year and see what Hardy can bring, he is immense in that film :)

Dec 24th 2011, 12:45

From Warrior to Road Warrior.. I'll call that a career WIN

• writerdave87

Dec 24th 2011, 13:43

Possibly from what Hardy's said, Bane's 'size' might be translated by Nolan's realistic take into sheer brute force. In combat Bale's Batman seems to rely on surprise, good shape, gadgets and the ability to chopsockey anyone he meets; take those advantages away, Bane would have no problem kicking his a*s (especially if he's been trained by the League of Shadows himself, it makes sense that if Bane's stronger than the Bat he could probably win).

• ChrisWootton

Dec 24th 2011, 18:05

Bats is going to get his head stoved in at some point.. I feel bad for looking forward to it.

• writerdave87

Dec 24th 2011, 18:29

Yeah I'm sure our priorities are a bit messed up when we're practically salivating over the idea of batman getting his a*s kicked...

• joker16

Dec 24th 2011, 21:28

@KingofCinema Oh, so what....... you're the "King" now? Arrogant prick. Anyway, Warrior is wildly overrated and average at best. The Fighter is far superior.

• trist808

Dec 24th 2011, 21:50

Dalidab, shut the f**k up. My comment was said in jest, it was a joke that any fool can plainly see (well, maybe not any fool) and if anyone should get defensive it's @willow138, she can speak for herself if she feels the need to, so keep your f*****g nose out of it, okay? :-) @joker16, The Fighter is a magnificent film, but I also thought Warrior was excellent too (they're both in my Top 10 of the year). The films do share many common factors: well written, acted and directed, each has an emotional core that is usually lacking in these types of films, superb fight scenes and both are about the relationship between brothers, so it's easy to compare the two. I enjoyed them both for what each one had to offer. I think the only difference for me was I expected to enjoy The Fighter, whereas Warrior was a pleasant surprise, I didn't expect much from it. For me they are both as good as each other.

• StevePotter

Dec 24th 2011, 22:50

To paraphrase Inigo Montoya: "You keep using that word, but I don't think you know what it means."

• writerdave87

Dec 25th 2011, 0:07

Nowhere in any of these threads have I ever seen anyone demonstrate a cultural attitude of hatred for females because they are female. I've never seen any female user offended by anyone else's comments apart from you actually. For someone who 'respects women' you've gone on rants against at least two women that I can remember including seriously upsetting one of them. People don't need to 'try and be clever' with you, a goldfish in a coma is f*****g cleverer than you. You are a monumentally crass, offensive, stupid little s**t and I hope you choke to death on your turkey. Everyone else, have a merry christmas lol I'm off to bed to try and kick this insomnia.

• joker16

Dec 25th 2011, 1:25

"A goldfish in a coma is f*****g cleverer than you" hahahahaha, I'm still laughing. @KingofCock I'll bet you're a big Christian Bale fan, a fan of his p***s anyway. Oh, and I'm an atheist so you can take your Christmas and stick it up there with Christian's c**k.

• ChrisWootton

Dec 25th 2011, 2:54

ah come on guys.. it's christmas.. and a merry one to you all

• StevePotter

Dec 25th 2011, 5:02

Hey, in dalibab's defense, who DOESN'T want Christian Bale? That's like not wanting Sean Connery.

• StevePotter

Dec 25th 2011, 6:49

*Not wanting him is like not wanting Sean Connery. Sorry.

• Heisenberg

Dec 25th 2011, 8:47

Merry Xmas folks, even you dalidab :-P hope you all have a good day :-)

• joker16

Dec 25th 2011, 14:25

@KingofCock Oh god, where else do you comment?

• SiMan

Dec 25th 2011, 14:43

Merry Christmas everyone. Couldn't decide which Christmas film to watch, but reading this has gotten me in the mood for Batman Returns.......well it is set at Christmas after all

• Murphy0806

Dec 25th 2011, 16:21

Merry Xmen everybody!

• bertus1

Dec 25th 2011, 19:59

The whole hype is messing up my life. I can not stop thinking about Batman and the plot and the villains and the... Dawm you Nolan, for making a way to good a franchise.

• alexr

Dec 30th 2011, 12:33

@TheKingofDalidab I see your definition of misogyny was pulled directly from the Allan G. Johnson quotation on Wikipedia. I hate it when people use easily available internet pages to glean information to pass off as their own knowledge. I now have to wonder whether your 'knowledge' of films and actors is actually information you have garnered over time, or whether you just Google a particular actor/actress and give us a run down of their filmography as a way of showing us you have more knowledge. I would suggest that most people on this site get annoyed with you (not just for your tirades against straight men and your constant cries of "I'm gay", "I'm autistic", "I'm an atheist", "I'm actually smarter than all my haters") because your posts seem to belittle other users and come off a bit patronising (To patronise someone means 'to talk down to them'). Bad grammar and lack of punctuality can be forgiven for the most part. I would also add that we all understand not everyone likes the sames films as each other - God knows you like Battlefield Earth - and we all know that it is impossible for an opinion to be right or wrong, but PLEASE STOP laying into people with insults and "I hope you die of [insert general disease here]' when they disagree with you. You come off as childish, immature, and a bit of a prick. Having said that, for a comment board on a movie website, every thread that contains one of your posts seems to degenerate into a slagging match between you and a few select others, and I for one am getting a bit fed up with it all. Please understand I am not trying to have a go at you or tell you that "my way is better". In the new year, can we all agree to keep the comments to the relevent movie topics and forget about insulting people for their sexuality, sex, class, creed, and p***s size? Can't we all agree to talk about movies in a mature and sensible fashion? Can't we all be 'nicer' to each other? Can't we all just...get along?

• writerdave87

Dec 30th 2011, 22:08

To be fair no-one's ever insulted Dalidab for his sexuality, sex, class, creed, or p***s size. I don't dislike him because he's gay or autistic, I dislike him because he's a c**t.