Watch new Hobbit trailer online now

"He gives me courageā€¦"

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journeywill be hitting cinemas in a few months, and we couldn't be more excited.

Especially after watching the below trailer, which gives us the most detailed glimpse yet at Peter Jackson's return to the world he created in the Lord Of The Rings trilogy.

Watch it below, then tell us your favorite bit. We especially liked the rabbits.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey will begin on December 14.

The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug will scorch the UK on December 13, 2013, and The Hobbit: There And Back Again will end the journey in July 2014.

Are you looking forward to returning to Middle Earth? Tell us below!

Comments

• marc96

Sep 19th 2012, 14:49

so excited for this, think we've been rather blessed with movies this year and cant wait for this one to top off 2012

Sep 19th 2012, 15:15

The fact that it is milked for 3 films seems a bit of a cynical cash-in and puts a damper on the whole thing. There will be a lot of padding. But still excited though.

• Chufferstud

Sep 19th 2012, 15:26

Why am I so underwhelmed by it? I'm worried. I think I agree with Hadouken76, the milking of this has taken away the interest, filming for the sake of money, not art. It looks gorgeous, but I think I saw Martin Freeman do his famous look that he brings out in all his performances and I simply don't see him as Bilbo. The dwarves are all a bit cartoonish too. Ahhh, I hate picking apart something I know I should be excited by, but this isn't doing it for me, help, give me a reason to want to see this please...

• ChrisWootton

Sep 19th 2012, 16:10

Can't... be.... arsed

• SiMan

Sep 19th 2012, 17:37

Although i am really, really, really looking forward to this, I too was a little underwhelmed by that trailer. I don't think it has anything to do with the 3-film thing. It just wasn't a very well paced trailer for me. Compare it to, say, The Two Towers trailer. It was just a little dull.

• pingpong

Sep 19th 2012, 18:31

It looks quite artificial at times as if watching the rehearsals in make shift environment. Is this a result from filming at 48 fps?

Sep 19th 2012, 19:38

I can't wait. Screw the haters who think PJ is milking this.

• marc96

Sep 19th 2012, 20:22

i know theres alot of milking it for money but if it means i get to see middle earth 3 more times instead of once more then im happy, i trust p.jackson to do the story well

• AlfredsDream098

Sep 19th 2012, 20:32

The movie looks goregeous and looks like it's still going to be gorgeous. However the trailer is a little underwhelming which I agree is probably due to the pacing.

Sep 19th 2012, 22:00

Remember the original LOTR trilogy consisted of 3 novels that made up the saga. The Hobbit film is ONE book stretched over 3 films.

Sep 20th 2012, 1:52

Jesus Christ The Hobbit movies are going to consist of the novel and the appendices from Lord Of The Rings.

• ilikescifi

Sep 20th 2012, 3:00

All those hairy people look very nice but I'd like to see some more non-humanoids, Smaug. BTW you fools complaining about the 3 film thing probably also bought the LOTR extended editions with 4 months of extra footage, so be glad a quality filmmaker is OFFERING a comprehensive, detailed, intimate retelling of a much loved book. So he might be getting an extra 20 bucks out of you whatever

• mattburgess

Sep 20th 2012, 10:32

I agree with the lovers, not the haters. I REALLY enjoyed the trailer. In Jackson We Trust.

• Monkeynuts30

Sep 20th 2012, 11:25

If the idea for 3 films had come from the studio then perhaps the cynics might have a point; but I challenge anyone to accuse Peter Jackson of cashing in by stretching the material. There are literally thousands of pages of material written by Tolkien that could be drawn on!

• FBJRider

Sep 20th 2012, 12:21

Guys, this isn't just based on the Hobbit book and it was Jackson's idea to make three films not the studio's. I have every faith that Jackson loves Tolkien's world and wants to do it justice. They'll all be amazing. Don't put them done before they've been released.

• Chufferstud

Sep 20th 2012, 12:30

Compare that trailer with any of the LOTR ones and you'll see why it just doesn't look right. I have every confidence in Jackson, but going from one film, then told its two, then told it's three really does stink of cashing in, you have to see why people have concerns. But I'll wait until it's released to pass judgement on the film, these comments are about the trailer.

• apo1978

Sep 20th 2012, 12:46

I've not had a chance to watch the trailer yet (I'm at work right now) but if it "feels" different to LOTR then thats a good thing. It would be a mistake to try and replicate the tone of Rings too much. It should be its own trilogy whilst at the same time remaining consistent to the world of Rings.